Since 1950, through 62 volumes, Libri: International Journal of Libraries and Information Services has been a leader among scholarly journals in the international library world. As part of its strategy to remain one of the premier library journals and to encourage new writers, Libri is issuing a call for “Best Student Paper of 2012.” This competition supports Libri’s goal of publishing the best articles from the next generation of library and information science professionals.
We are proud once again to recognize the very best article with his special award. Students at all levels* are invited to submit single-authored articles with clarity and authority. There is no stated theme. Research papers should address one of the significant issues facing today’s librarians and information professionals. Case studies, best practices and pure research papers are all welcome.
- Length: approx. 5,000–7,000 words
- Language: English
- Deadline: June 30, 2012
- Papers should have been written not earlier than January 1, 2011.
The best paper will be selected by an independent panel consisting of selected members of
the Editorial Board, the Advisory Board and other international experts.
Submissions will be judged on the basis of
- originality of thought and observation
- depth of research and scholarship
- topicality of problems addressed
- the international readership of the journal
The article will be published in the 2012:4 issue and will be available under open access on
The author of the winning article will be honoured with an award of 500.00 EUR and with a complimentary subscription to Libri for 2013. If the quality of competition warrants some papers may be designated as honourable mention and the authors will receive complementary subscriptions to Libri for 2013. The normal provision to the author of e-prints and one complete issue applies to all winners.
Manuscripts should be sent to the Libri Editorial Office, Walter de Gruyter GmbH & Co. KG,
Mies-van-der-Rohe-Str. 1, D- 80707, München, Germany. Electronic submissions to email@example.com.
Author instructions and further indications of the scope of papers suitable for publication in Libri are available at: http://www.degruyter.com/view/supplement/s18658423_Hinweise_f_r_Autoren_de.pdf
There will be time before publication to format winning entries into Libri format, but entrants are encouraged to review our Guidelines for authors before submission.
All submissions should include a cover sheet confirming:
• the name of the institution where the student is or was enrolled
• the dates when the student is or was enrolled
• the date when the paper was written and the course for which it was prepared
* Exception: Senior information scholars returning to school for additional degrees outside the field of library and information science are not eligible for this award.