A PUBLISHING HOUSE WITH TRADITION
A Berlin-based institution since 1749, De Gruyter has grown into one of the premiere humanities and sciences publishers in the world.
Offering a wide array of high-quality titles in academic fields such as Linguistics, Religious Studies, STM, Philosophy, Law, and many others, De Gruyter has proven time and again its commitment to excellence in all academic disciplines.
Furthermore, the size and depth of De Gruyter’s catalog ensures that, no matter what your potential publication is, we can find a home for it amongst our expansive catalog.
Every year, we publish over 1,300 books, available in print and as eBooks (PDF and ePUB format), and more than 770 journals (subscription based and Open Access). Our e-dition program further makes available over 50,000 titles from throughout our storied history as eBooks or hardcover reprints.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH DE GRUYTER
Professionalism in Publishing
- Individualized support from highly trained editors in your field
- A strict, peer-reviewed publication process, governed by highly distinguished scholars
- Rapid processing and production of accepted manuscripts, along with ahead-of-print content
- Clear, precise typographies and layouts, ensuring a consistently excellent appearance for your work
Electronic & Global Distribution
- All new publications available simultaneously in digital and print formats
- Support from an international Sales team that serves libraries and academic institutions in nearly every major territory in the world
- A website built and designed to ensure quick and easy access to your work from anywhere in the world
Highly Esteemed Publications
- Opportunities to publish in one of our numerous high impact factor journals or renowned book series
- Simple, transparent business models ensure an easy and cordial work environment at every step of the process
- Open Access publishing options available through our imprint De Gruyter Open
“De Gruyter is a publishing house based on a great tradition but embracing the most innovative techniques in the field. I interacted with De Gruyter as the Editor-in-Chief for the Journal of Polymer Engineering, one of their most recent acquisitions. I was very impressed with the excellent service and the seamless transition from the former publisher of the Journal, a small publisher with paper-based publishing, to De Gruyter’s own internet-based publishing. The transition was made in record time and tremendously increased the number of submissions and the overall quality of the Journal. I wholeheartedly recommend this publishing house for their quality and standards.”
Associate Dean Ica Manas-Zloczower, Case Western Reserve University
“I greatly appreciate De Gruyter as a publisher and I am impressed by De Gruyter´s long tradition in the sciences, their high standards for publication and their innovations in e-book and e-journals. I have had a position at Karolinska Institutet for 50 years, including in its Nobel Assembly for many years. Throughout, I have had many publishing contacts in these and other positions, but in all contexts De Gruyter is among those that stand out in quality and persistence!”
Prof. Dr. Hans Jörnvall, Karolinska Institutet
“ (…) As Secretary-General of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) I can wholeheartedly recommend this publishing house for their excellent portfolio of important publications in the area of science and technology. Their publications represent an enrichment for every scientific library and research scientist in the area of chemistry.”
Prof. Dr. René Deplanque, Secretary General of IUPAC
“De Gruyter's works have been a trusted companion since the beginning of my studies and throughout my entire professional career. I appreciate them in many ways: as textbooks, standard reference works, and as in-depth guides to special subjects. I have always been impressed by the high academic quality as well as the editorial standards of De Gruyter's publications. The new releases are compelling for their currentness, scholastic depth, and graphic appearance.”
Prof. Dr. Günther Wess, Vice President Helmholtz Association
“My experience as a De Gruyter author has been incredibly positive. The submission and approval processes are both straightforward and rapid and the technical standards are first-rate and highly professional. Overall, the program features outstanding and exciting science and technology titles and I am honored that my book is part of the program.”
Prof. Dr. Russ Hille, University of California