De Gruyter Open Access
The importance of combining high quality publications with the widest possible dissemination of content is not only important to today’s scholars and researchers, but it’s important to us. Publishing Open Access (OA) with De Gruyter gives authors access to premium editorial support and online publishing services, and equally important, gives institutions the opportunity to create the best OA program for their library.
Giving institutions the freedom to build an OA program that best fits the needs of their faculty, students, and staff is what prompted us to create a new OA business model. Libraries can now provide OA funds for their researchers to make specific De Gruyter content available as Open Access.
De Gruyter’s new Open Access program supports an unrestricted digital research environment and consists of the following key components:
- Completeness: all De Gruyter journals are included, as well as book publications for individual open access chapters
- Flexibility: single article purchase or volume discount for OA article packages
- Honesty: no expiration date for purchased OA article packages
- Quality: no impact on peer-review
- Visibility: funding body displayed in article and article metadata
- Transparency: quarterly report with published OA articles
The complete De Gruyter program is included. The Versita Emerging Science journals will become available for inclusion in a few years.
(© Trailer: Lokofilm)