- De Gruyter – a Publishing House with Tradition
- toggleWhy Publish with De Gruyter?
- toggleEditorial Departments
- Classical and Ancient Near Eastern Studies
- Chemistry & Materials Sciences
- toggleLiterature & Culture
- Mathematics & Physics
- Medicine & Life Sciences
- Theology, Jewish Studies, Religious Studies
- De Gruyter Mouton - Linguistics • Communications
- Business & Economics
- Library & Information Science
- Information on Unicode Fonts
- Marketing / Sales
- Additional Information
- Journal Copyright Agreement
Literature & Culture
WHO WE ARE: LITERATURE & CULTURE
De Gruyter’s Literature & Culture department comprises the highest quality publications and the widest range of subject areas in its field.
Traditionally very strong in German Studies and Cultural Theory, with a renowned program in Anglo-American and Romance Philology, we are expanding into more interdisciplinary and general topics, including a developing program in Film Studies.
Currently, we are the only publisher in German Studies that combines the perspectives of German-speaking countries with those of North America as well as topics on both languages, German and English.
Our program is also massive – over 190 titles published on average each year, with an additional 3,000 available through our backlist.
Outside of books, we also have indispensable reference works such as encyclopedias, handbooks, and bibliographies available in print and electronic format, alongside a renowned collection of journals.
Combined together, all of these aspects help to make our department one of the premiere publishers for international scholars in every facet of Literature & Culture.
- Cultural Theory
- Genres and Media in Cultural Studies
- Anglo-American Literature
- German Literature
- Jewish Literature
- Romance Literature
- Textual Scholarship
- Literary Theory
- …and many more
IMPORTANT SUBMISSION INFORMATION:
We do our best to make sure your submission process is as easy and simplistic as possible. Please use the following links to prepare your manuscript for us.
> New Book Proposal ANES
> Style Sheet DOT or PDF
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us!