- De Gruyter – a Publishing House with Tradition
- toggleWhy Publish with De Gruyter?
- toggleEditorial Departments
- De Gruyter - Classical and Ancient Near Eastern Studies
- toggleDe Gruyter - German Studies • Linguistics & Literature
- De Gruyter - History
- De Gruyter - Mathematics • Physics
- De Gruyter - Medicine
- De Gruyter - Philosophy
- De Gruyter - Theology • Judaism • Religion
- De Gruyter Mouton - Linguistics • Communications
- De Gruyter Saur - Library & Information Science
- Information on Unicode Fonts
- Additional Information
- Copyright Agreement
De Gruyter - History
We would like to welcome you as an author/editor for our company, and we are looking forward to working with you on your publication.
In the author/editor contract, there is a paragraph that outlines your agreement to provide us with camera-ready-copy (CRC) of the typescript. Please provide us with a PDF and an authoritative laser printout of your master copy.
To assist you in formatting your typescript, we have created a WORD template available for download. This file can be used with virtually any WORD version (the file was prepared using WORD 2003). In addition, we have compiled the most important settings you should use as points of orientation while formatting the CRC.
Additionally, we have produced a sample file using the template. This gives you examples of how to use the different formatting styles since the file corresponds exactly with our style sheet in regards to construction, typography, and layout.
Please note: Since the various versions of WORD and the various printer drivers change the appearance of the pages, our guidelines for font size and line spacing may not lead to a convincing aesthetical layout. Therefore, we would like to ask you to print the PDF version of the sample file, as only this guarantees that the layout will appear correctly.
Furthermore, because of possible technical obstacles, it is essential that you provide us early on with representative sample pages from your volume. If necessary, this will give us the opportunity to provide you with individual adjustments to your computer settings.
Please select from the list below the format of your book (the format is mentioned in your contract). As the body script, you can then choose either Times or Garamond.
Book format 155 x 230 mm used for the following series:
- Studien zur Kultur und Geschichte des Islamischen Orients / Studies in the Culture and History of the Islamic Orient (STIO)
- Supplementa Byzantina (SByz)
- Untersuchungen zur antiken Literatur und Geschichte (UaLG)
Book format 170 x 240 mm used for the series:
- Millennium-Studien (MSt)
We sincerely hope that the files provided here will help you in preparing your CRC.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions. The editorial department will gladly put you in direct contact with the production manager responsible for your book.
We look forward to a congenial and fruitful co-operation and are looking forward to your first sample pages.
With best regards,
Dr. Gertrud Grünkorn / Dr. Sabine Vogt
Editorial Department Philosophy – History – Classical and Ancient Near Eastern Studies
Verlag De Gruyter Berlin / Boston