- toggleEditorial Departments
- Classical & Ancient Near Eastern Studies
- Chemistry & Materials Sciences
- toggleLiterature & Culture
- Mathematics & Physics
- Medicine & Life Sciences
- Theology, Jewish Studies & Religious Studies
- De Gruyter Mouton - Linguistics • Communications
- Business & Economics
- Library & Information Science
- Information on Unicode Fonts
- Marketing / Sales
- toggleWhy Publish with De Gruyter?
- Journal Copyright Agreement
WHO WE ARE: PHILOSOPHY
One of the central departments in our publishing house, Philosophy at De Gruyter is often associated with world-renowned works such as the Kant and Liebniz Academy Editions, along with the complete works of Marx/Engels and Nietzsche.
However, a close cooperation with our authors is at the very heart of what we do.
Led by a portfolio that comprises all philosophical disciplines and product types, featuring collaborations that deliver the highest quality, newest research in the field, we strive to provide a product unlike any other.
We publish, on average, 100 new titles per year, with over 2,000 titles available through our backlist.
Outside of books, we are known for our cutting-edge journals and databases, including Nietzsche Online, the first-ever integrated database of a significant philosopher that made its works and research literature fully available electronically.
- Ancient Philosophy
- Medieval Philosophy
- Early Modern Era
- Kant, Nietzsche, Marx
- German Idealism
- 20th Century
- Political & Social Philosophy
- Metaphysics, Ontology
- Philosophy of Language
- …and many more
IMPORTANT SUBMISSION INFORMATION:
We do our best to make sure your submission process is as easy and straightforward as possible. Please use the following links to prepare your manuscript for us.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us!