- Visibility, Usage and Citation for Your Society Journal
- Straightforward Management of Your Publications
- High-quality Production Standards for Long-term Access to Your Publication
- Extensive Support for Communicating with Your Members
- Various Services Simplifying the Usage of Your Journal Content for Researchers and Authors
- Far-reaching Marketing and Sales Activities Promoting Your Journal Worldwide
- Global Distribution Network for Your Society Journal
- Expansive Strategic Development Opportunities for Your Journal and Your Society
High-quality Production Standards for Long-term Access to Your Publication
De Gruyter has been known for its high standards in print production for many years. We grant the use of high-quality materials and a diligent choice of service providers. Editors can choose to apply the web-based software Editorial Manager for managing the submission and peer-review process. The internal use of a production tracking system leads to more transparency during the production workflow, business continuity and cost efficiency.
We apply these same high standards to all our electronically published material. We see to it that the majority of our journals are published online first. Our production department uses templates and standard formats in order to produce HTML-compatible documents (necessary for mobile formats like epub), thus ensuring an overall future-compliant production of media-neutral data.
In addition, we guarantee long-term archiving of all content through digitization by participating in major digital archiving initiatives such as Portico, a not-for-profit service now hosting more than 13,5 million articles from 75 publishers (http://www.portico.org/). De Gruyter’s digital content is also preserved via the Deutsche Nationalbibliothek (http://www.dnb.de/).
Moreover, De Gruyter participates in the Transfer Code of Practice which sets standards of quality and performance that apply whenever a journal is transferred from one publisher to another.