De Gruyter is one of the most important scholarly publishers in the field of Classical Studies.
In addition to authoritative publications and reference works that serve as indispensable contributions to principle research in their respective disciplines, our interdisciplinary book series and journals also serve to enrich our uniquely comprehensive portfolio in this field.
Our publications are not just intended for the classical scholar, but are of interest to professionals working in other areas of the humanities.
- Indispensable research tools such as reference works and text corpora in printed or electronic form
- A comprehensive portfolio in Southwest Asian archaeology, classical archaeology, ancient history, philosophy of antiquity and Egyptology
- Handbooks by renowned scientists and scholars
- A leader in the fields of epigraphy, papyrology and classical philology
- Cooperation with important institutions and scientific organisations such as the Berlin-Brandenburgischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, the Deutsche Archäologische Institut and the Staatlichen Museen Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Gian Biagio Conte, Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, Italy, published the critical editions of Virgil's Aeneis and Georgica in the Bibliotheca Teubneriana
- Prof. Dr. John Scheid, Collège de France, Paris, France, co-editor of the yearbook Archiv für Religionsgeschichte
- Prof. Dr. R. R. R. Smith, University of Oxford, UK, co-editor of the series Image & Context
- Prof. Dr. Martin L. West (†), published the critical editions of Aeschylus' Tragedies and Homer's Iliad in the Bibliotheca Teubneriana
- Prof. Dr. Franco Montanari, Università degli Studi di Genova, author of the book Greek Literature, and editor of a Greek-German Dictionary
- Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften
- Deutsches Archäologisches Institut
- Internationale Thesaurus-Kommission
- Staatliche Museen zu Berlin
„[...] In my experience, both as an author and editor, I’ve found in DG staff support and assistance during all the phases of publishing. At some point I’ve found myself surprised by the great care they invested in all the details. [...] I strongly believe that to find a very good publisher, one who’s willing to take great care of your academic work, is something rare. I’m happy to have found it in DG.“
Prof. Dr. Gabriele Cornelli, Archai UNESCO Chair / University of Brasília, President of the International Plato Society
Michiel Klein Swormink, Senior Editorial Director, michiel.klein-swormink [ at ] degruyter.com
Dr. Mirko Vonderstein, Acquisitions Editor, mirko.vonderstein [ at ] degruyter.com
> Download Fact Sheet Classical and Ancient Near Eastern Studies