- toggleHow to ensure the quality of open access publications
- Open Access Publications
- Open Access Contact
- Open Access Links
- Open Access Agreements
- Institutional Membership Info
- Institutional Membership Offer
- Institutional Membership Authors
- Institutional Membership Members
- toggleInformation for Open Access Authors and Editors
- Open Access for Societies
Open Access for Book Authors and Editors
HOW TO PUBLISH AN OPEN ACCESS BOOK
De Gruyter Open Access books are published under a Creative Commons license (CC-BY-NC-ND ), unless otherwise required by funders. It means that authors retain copyright to their work.
The De Gruyter Open Access Books program welcomes submissions of monographs, textbooks, edited volumes and reference works. All books are also offered in print format and authors receive royalties from print sales.
New Book Proposal Form
If you have not been in touch with a De Gruyter Open representative, please send it to info [ at ] degruyteropen.com.
You can also contact the Managing Editor for your subject area.
Why publish with De Gruyter Open?
- Rigorous and comprehensive peer-review of submitted proposals and manuscripts
- English language copy-editing by native English speaking specialists in the field (in some subject areas we accept also manuscripts in other languages)
- Professional composition of the manuscript in PDF format
- Active reference linking
- Announcing the book to the relevant media and targeted databases of researchers, as well as through Social Media channels
- Promoting the book on scope-selected conferences and events
- Printed copies sold to libraries and individuals, by De Gruyter Open and distributors (e.g. Amazon)
- Complimentary printed copies for book author and editors
- Royalties for the author from print copy sales
- Indexing by Google and other search engines
- E-book delivery to libraries and full-text repositories (e.g. Google Book Search)
- Guidance through author promotion online services
- Creative Commons copyright license