- toggleHow to ensure the quality of open access publications
- Open Access Publications
- Open Access Contact
- Open Access Links
- Open Access Agreements
- Institutional Membership Info
- Institutional Membership Offer
- Institutional Membership Authors
- Institutional Membership Members
- toggleInformation for Open Access Authors and Editors
- Open Access for Societies
Open Access Waivers and Discounts
Outstanding authors may also be eligible for waivers from APCs.
Authors from low-income and lower-middle-income countries, as specified by the World Bank, whose proposals received two positive reviews and who are unable to pay the full fee will be entitled to discounts. In these cases, the book processing charges (BPCs) will amount to 5,000 Euro per book.
Outstanding authors might also be eligible for discounts of up to 50% off BPCs, depending on the discipline (up to 25% off the BPCs per book in STM and up to 50% off the BPCs per book in HSS).
When reviewing such cases, the following criteria are taken into account:
- Author’s previous publications
- Authors’ awards
- Author’s citation index
- Reviews of the submitted book proposal
- Score of at least 85% in the book proposal evaluation sheet
Each case has to be reviewed and accepted by Product Manager, Books.