Sales Manager (w/m) Academic Libraries and Consortia (16013INC)
The independent academic publishing house De Gruyter can look back upon a 260-year history. The group of companies headquartered in Berlin publishes over 1,300 new titles each year in the humanities, medicine, natural sciences, and law along with more than 750 scholarly journals and a variety of digital media. The Group is comprised of the imprints De Gruyter Academic Research, Birkhäuser, De Gruyter Mouton, De Gruyter Oldenbourg, De Gruyter Open, and De Gruyter Saur.
We are expanding our successful operation in the USA and require a full-time
to help take our business to the next level, reporting directly to the Sales Director.
Strategic core of this function is to generate new sales of our digital portfolio to academic libraries and consortia within the designated territory through customer contact, market analysis and strategic plan development.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Generate a high level of customer contact on a daily basis through phone, e-mail and face to face meetings.
- Drive sales activities from inquiry to order placement (prospecting, presenting, trials, and closing), for electronic products to consortia as well as key library customers in the territory.
- Foster new business relationships with key accounts for new and acquired electronic products
- Produce sales/business reports according to deadlines
- Negotiate new sales to a close with an understanding of margins
- Achieve established sales revenue targets for new business.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting and pipeline
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum three to five years of experience in the academic publishing industry.
- In-depth knowledge and strong relationships with consortia and academic libraries.
- Aptitude for contract language discussions and negotiations
- Experience with sales of journals, eBooks and/or databases is a must
- Experience working closely with marketing and customer service departments on customer relations and product development
- A motivated results-oriented personality with a track record for success.
- A can-do problem solving attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A demonstrated interpersonal ability in client relations and customer contact
- Ability to travel as needed
The position offers competitive salary and benefits.
Please send your CV and a covering letter including the reference number 16013INC and including your current salary details to Dana Schenk, Manager HR (application [ at ] degruyter.com).
Please also include your earliest possible starting date.