- toggleClassical and Ancient Near Eastern Studies
- toggleComputer Sciences
- toggleCultural Studies
- toggleIndustrial Chemistry
- toggleJewish Studies
- toggleLibrary and Information Science, Book Studies
- toggleLife Sciences
- toggleLinguistics and Semiotics
- toggleLiterary Studies
- toggleMaterials Sciences
- toggleSocial Sciences
De Gruyter’s range in the social sciences is characterized by a great level of diversity. Titles in this area are published by our De Gruyter Oldenbourg imprint and also by publishing partners such as transcript, Böhlau Verlag and Harvard University Press.
Textbooks on methods used in empirical social research, special sociologies and political science are the core element of De Gruyter Oldenbourg’s range here. Our partner transcript enriches our range with contemporary aspects such as digital society and transculturality. Harvard University Press covers areas such as American politics and offers publications on various societal developments.
Böhlau Verlag’s titles in the areas of pedagogy and historical political research complete our range in the social sciences.
- Tried-and-tested and successful study books
- Key skills for academic work
- Additional online material
- Broad thematic range
- Large portfolio of renowned national and international journals
- Angela Keppler, Professor of Media and Communication Studies at the University of Mannheim, author of the book Das Fernsehen als Sinnproduzent. Soziologische Fallstudien and co-author of the book Die soziologische Film- und Fernsehanalyse. Eine Einführung.
- Rainer Schnell, holder of the Chair for Empirical Social Research, Professor at the City University London, co-author of the book Methoden der empirischen Sozialforschung.
- Rainer Schützeichel, Professor of Sociology at the University of Bielefeld, managing director and editor of Zeitschrift für Soziologie.
- Frank Nullmeier, Professor of Political Science at the University of Bremen and Head of the “Theory and Constitution of the Welfare State” Department at the Centre for Social Policy, co-editor of Zeitschrift für Sozialreform.
> Editorial contact
> Please send your orders to orders [ at ] degruyter.com