Volume 9 (2012)
Volume 7 (2010)
Volume 6 (2009)
Volume 5 (2008)
Volume 4 (2007)
Volume 3 (2006)
Volume 2 (2005)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Occupy Wall Street and the Political Economy of Inequality by Dube, Arindrajit and Kaplan, Ethan
- The Cost of Job Loss in the Great Recession: How Bad Has it Been? by Farber, Henry S.
- Stimulating the Economy in an Era of Debt and Deficit by Stiglitz, Joseph E.
- The Gender Pay Gap by Blau, Francine D and Kahn, Lawrence M
- Investment Banking Regulation After Bear Stearns by Jaffee, Dwight M. and Perlow, Mark
Vote for Charity's Sake
Citation Information: The Economists' Voice. Volume 5, Issue 6, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1553-3832, DOI: 10.2202/1553-3832.1381, October 2008
- Published Online:
In a battleground state like Colorado or New Mexico, voting in the presidential election may be equivalent to giving $30,000 - $50,000 to others in expected value, and as such is an extremely efficient form of charity, according to Aaron Edlin, Andrew Gelman and Noah Kaplan.