Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Most Downloaded Articles
- If I Could Hold a Seminar for Political Journalists… by Fiorina, Morris P.
- If Everyone Votes Their Party, Why Do Presidential Election Outcomes Vary So Much? by Shaw, Daron
- Independent Leaners as Policy Partisans: An Examination of Party Identification and Policy Views by Magleby, David B. and Nelson, Candice
- Delegation, Control, and the Study of Public Bureaucracy by Moe, Terry M.
- The Disappearing--but Still Important--Swing Voter by Mayer, William G.
Political Science and Practical Politics: A Journalist's Journey
Citation Information: The Forum. Volume 8, Issue 3, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1540-8884, DOI: 10.2202/1540-8884.1386, October 2010
- Published Online:
Political journalism can serve as a useful bridge between practical politics and political science. This article recounts the authors personal journey from a childhood interest in maps, numbers and elections to a lifetime career as a political journalist. It also illustrates the partnership that can flourish between journalism and academe in making sense of our nations political scene.