Volume 7 (2011)
Volume 5 (2009)
Volume 4 (2008)
Volume 3 (2007)
Volume 2 (2006)
Volume 1 (2005)
Most Downloaded Articles
- An Introduction to Causal Inference by Pearl, Judea
- Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies with Unmeasured Confounders by McCandless, Lawrence C.
- Accuracy of Conventional and Marginal Structural Cox Model Estimators: A Simulation Study by Xiao, Yongling/ Abrahamowicz, Michal and Moodie, Erica E. M.
- Evaluating treatment effectiveness in patient subgroups: a comparison of propensity score methods with an automated matching approach by Radice, Rosalba/ Ramsahai, Roland/ Grieve, Richard/ Kreif, Noemi/ Sadique, Zia and Sekhon, Jasjeet S.
- A Refreshing Account of Principal Stratification by Mealli, Fabrizia and Mattei, Alessandra
Response to Pearl's Comments on Principal Stratification
1Fox Chase Cancer Center
Citation Information: The International Journal of Biostatistics. Volume 7, Issue 1, Pages 1–3, ISSN (Online) 1557-4679, DOI: 10.2202/1557-4679.1330, May 2011
- Published Online:
Dr. Pearl invites researchers to justify their use of principal stratification. This comment explains how the use of principal stratification simplified a complex mediational problem encountered when evaluating a smoking cessation intervention’s effect on reducing smoking withdrawal symptoms.