New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Steady State Model for Heat Transfer in a Packed Bed Reactor of Elliptic Cylindrical Shape
1Federal University of Campina Grande, email@example.com
2Federal University of Campina Grande, firstname.lastname@example.org
3Federal University of Campina Grande, email@example.com
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 6, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.1771, August 2008
- Published Online:
The fixed-bed reactors of circular cylindrical geometry with heated or cooled walls are frequently used to carry out heterogeneous reactions of solid-gas type in engineering applications. The design of a fixed bed reactor requires an extensive knowledge of heat transfer characteristics within the packed bed. In this sense, this work presents a three-dimensional mathematical model to predict the heat transfer inside a fixed bed elliptical cylinder heat exchanger. The model considers uniform velocity and temperature profiles of the fluid phase at the entrance of the reactor, and constant thermo-physical properties. The surface of the equipment convective boundary condition is assumed to be constant. The energy equation, written in the elliptical cylindrical coordinates, was discretized using a finite-volume method considering a fully implicit formulation, and WUDS interpolation scheme. Numerical results of the dimensionless temperature profiles inside the packed bed reactor at a steady state are presented and temperature distribution is interpreted. To validate the model, numerical results obtained for the circular cylinder are compared with analytical results from literature and a good agreement was obtained.