Volume 12 (2013)
Volume 10 (2011)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Container Shipping And Ports: An Overview by Notteboom, Theo E.
- Optimal Monopoly Price Paths with Expanding Networks by Gabszewicz, Jean and Garcia, Filomena
- The Economics of the Online Advertising Industry by Evans, David S.
- Merchant or Two-Sided Platform? by Hagiu, Andrei
- Failure to Launch: Critical Mass in Platform Businesses by Evans, David S. and Schmalensee, Richard
Two Papers on Internet Connectivity and Quality
1Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Università Ca’Foscari di Venezia, Venice, Italy, email@example.com
Citation Information: Review of Network Economics. Volume 1, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1446-9022, DOI: 10.2202/1446-9022.1005, March 2002
- Published Online:
I review two papers, addressing the issue of competition and quality determination in the market for Internet access services (Crémer, Rey, and Tirole (2000), Foros and Hansen (2001)). These two works come to seemingly opposite conclusions. After having summarized the two papers, I try to highlight what lies behind the differences in the results.