Bhattacharyya, Pulin Kumar
Generalized Functions with Applications in Sobolev Spaces
Series:De Gruyter Textbook
- Gives innumerable examples with all intermediate steps and explanations
- Contains proofs including intermediate steps and necessary explanations to make them easily understandable
- Written by an applied person for the applied community
- Serves as a reference-cum-text book of the applied people
Aims and Scope
This book grew out of a course taught in the Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, which was tailored to the needs of the applied community of mathematicians, engineers, physicists etc., who were interested in studying the problems of mathematical physics in general and their approximate solutions on computer in particular.
Almost all topics which will be essential for the study of Sobolev spaces and their applications in the elliptic boundary value problems and their finite element approximations are presented. Also many additional topics of interests for specific applied disciplines and engineering, for example, elementary solutions, derivatives of discontinuous functions of several variables, delta-convergent sequences of functions, Fourier series of distributions, convolution system of equations etc. have been included along with many interesting examples.
- Approx. xxxviii, 834 pages
- Type of Publication:
- Sobolev Space; Elliptic Boundary Value Problem; Finite Element Approximation; Distribution Theory