- The only comprehensive bio-bibliographic lexicon of the world of theater in German-speaking countries.
- Amplifies and expands the lexicon that appeared between 1953 and 2011.
- Includes dates of world premieres.
Aims and Scope
This supplement to the Deutsches Theater-Lexikon [German Lexicon of Theater], which was completed in 2011, amplifies and extends Volumes I-IV (A-T), which first appeared between 1953 and 1998. Articles have been re-edited and expanded with an emphasis on the 20th century, and personalities from the world of German-language theater who were not previously included have been newly added.
The lexicon contains bio-bibliographic information about playwrights, composers, theatrical directors, producers, actors, singers, set designers, and costume designers.
- viii, 422 pages
- Type of Publication:
- Reference Work
- Theater / Lexicon, dictionary; history of theater
- Libraries, Institutes, Scholars and students of theater studies