De Gruyter Select
You now can compile individual articles and content from our webshop into an exclusive book for the first time.
For example, you can assemble single articles from a journal along with a book chapter into a high-quality, hardcover book and have it printed for your exclusive use.
You can create a customized book in just a few simple steps:
- Log into your account at De Gruyter Online.
- Select the articles you want and click on “Save.” (save)
- Go to “My De Gruyter” and select “My Bookshelf.”
- Check off the articles you wish to include and add them to your custom book.
- Name your book and select the sequence of the articles.
- Click on “Create” and then on “Add to cart.”
- Next, go to “Proceed to checkout” and complete your purchase as usual.
Just take a look around! You will find our entire program at our webshop.
1. What content is available for De Gruyter Select?
You will have access to all e-content at De Gruyter Online.
2. How long does it take to print a book?
As soon as you have completed the order, the print job will be sent to our partner in Germany. Your book will then be printed within a few working days. Please give it a few more days for international shipping.
3. How much does a custom book cost?
The cost depends on the number of articles you select to be printed. Regardless of whether you select long or short articles, we will charge you €30 ($42) per article. You will see the total price during the ordering process. For this price, you get your personally selected articles compiled into a high-quality hard-bound book, produced with a digital printing process.
4. Is it possible to create an individual cover design?
For production reasons, the cover design is the same for all De Gruyter Select books. However, you can define your own title and subtitle.
5. Can I set the page numbers myself?
The page numbers are generated automatically. In certain cases, the original page numbers can be adopted.
6. What is the format of the book?
There are three formats available. The production process will automatically select the smallest total size for the selected articles.
7. I already have online access. Do I still have to pay for book printing?
Even if you already have online access, you will be billed for the book, since the charge for printing is unrelated to the online content. Conversely, you will not gain online access to content if you have only selected it for printing.