We now offer the ePUB format for all titles published in 2014.
This format enables you to easily read our eBooks on your mobile devices.
When you purchase an eBook from us, you will get access to both the ePUB and PDF format. You can download the whole book as ePub and single chapters as PDFs.
Within short notice, individuals will have the possibility to buy an electronic version of a textbook at the same price as the print version of it.
De Gruyter is proud of being one of the first academic publishers to offer its clients the choice between ePUB and PDF.
- Download the free ePUB format of this eBook
- View title details
- Download of Adobe Digital Editions
(required to read this ePUB on your personal computer)
OUR ePUB FORMATS
Our titles will be produced as reflowable or fixed ePub depending on the structure of the eBook.
Specifications ePUB 2.0 file following idpf standards
Apple/ iBooks, Amazon Kindle, all platforms basing on Adobe Digital Edition SDK (e.g. Android devices)
ePUB 2.0 file following idpf standards
WHY ARE WE OFFERING ePUB?
- Every fifth person is already reading eBooks and 58% of the eBook readers use their Smartphone for this.
- ePUB is the most common eBook format in addition to the PDF and it is ideal for the mobile use of eBooks.
- eBooks in ePUB format can be issued as one file and not chapter by chapter, as in the PDF.
- ePUB based eBooks support a variable font size and can automatically adjust the presentation of the content to the screen size of the used device.
- Furthermore, the text is searchable and can be enlarged arbitrarily, which is a great advantage for photos, illustrations and drawings.
- The latest ePUB version supports Multimedia applications such as audio and video elements.
ePUBs: QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS