- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
- The only German-language journal cited by international scholars focusing on automation, the library building as such (e.g. architecture, renovation, etc.) and technology for the archive, library and information sector
- News about new products and technologies
- Four-color throughout with high image quality
Aims and Scope
The subtitle “Journal of Automation, Library Construction and Technology for the Archive, Library and Information Sector” specifies the topics of the journal. The focus is on the physical library building (e.g. architecture, renovation) and facilities (including IT equipment). However, there are also many articles on general library topics, e.g. such as development and business processes. The journal is addressed to specialists in libraries and archives and related industries (construction, technology, storage, logistics).
The heading “Specialist Articles” is directly followed by the heading “News”, with reports primarily on construction projects and interior design. The four-color printing enables an attractive presentation of the topics.
Individual institutions and companies present themselves and their products under the heading “What’s New”. In addition, the journal contains advertisements – many with color photos – placed by companies presenting products for the book and library sector, e.g. IT systems for libraries, library furniture and by companies specialized in the conservation and deacidification of books.
Formerly published by “Verlag Neuer Merkur”.
- Type of Publication:
ABI Technik is covered by the following services:
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- De Gruyter - IBR (International Bibliography of Reviews of Scholarly Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- EBSCO - TOC Premier
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- INIST Institut de l’Information Scientifique et Technique
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- UB Frankfurt - BDSL Bibliographie der deutschen Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Berndt Dugall, Universitätsbibliothek Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Ulrich Hohoff, Universitätsbibliothek Augsburg
Sven Kriese, Geheimes Staatsarchiv Preußischer Kulturbesitz Berlin
Heiner Schnelling, Universitäts- und Landesbibliothek Halle
Dorothea Sommer, Universitäts- und Landesbibliothek Halle
Helge Steenweg, Universitätsbibliothek Kassel
Meiken Endruweit, textetage, Berlin