- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
Archives of Foundry Engineering continues the publishing activity started by Foundry Commission of the Polish Academy of Sciences (PAN) in Katowice in 1978. The initiator of it was the first Chairman Professor Dr Eng. Wacław Sakwa – Corresponding Member of PAN, Honorary Doctor of Czestochowa University of Technology and Silesian University of Technology. This periodical first name was „Solidification of Metals and Alloys” , and made possible to publish the results of works achieved in the field of the Basic Problems Research Cooperation. The subject of publications was related to the title of the periodical and concerned widely understand problems of metals and alloys crystallization in a casting mold. In 1978-2000 the 44 issues have been published. Since 2001 the Foundry Commission has had patronage of the annually published “Archives of Foundry” and since 2007 quarterly published “Archives of Foundry Engineering”. Thematic scope includes scientific issues of foundry industry:
- Theoretical Aspects of Casting Processes,
- Innovative Foundry Technologies and Materials,
- Foundry Processes Computer Aiding,
- Mechanization, Automation and Robotics in Foundry,
- Transport Systems in Foundry,
- Castings Quality Management,
- Environmental Protection.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
- high quality articles in English from all over the world, with special emphasis on papers from Central and Eastern Europe,
- scope including all foundry science and engineering matters (see Description section).
- over fifty years of publishing history,
- official journal of Polish Academy of Sciences, Foundry Commission,
- fast and clear review and publishing procedure,
- available in print and electronic format; high quality electronic publication technologies employed,
- growing international importance.
- Type of Publication:
BazTech, DOAJ Directory of Open Access Journal , Chemical Abstracts, EBSCO A to Z, New Jour - Electronic Journals & Newsletters, Google Scholar, Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, ProQuest Illumina, Scirus
Archives of Foundry Engineering
ul. Towarowa 7,
44-100 Gliwice, Poland