Volume 9 (2014)
Volume 2 (2007)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Basic Income and Labour Supply: The German Case by Gilroy, Bernard Michael/ Heimann, Anastasia and Schopf, Mark
- Classical Liberalism and the Basic Income by Zwolinski, Matt
- Two Libertarian Arguments for Basic Income Proposals by Powell, Brian K.
- How Cash Transfers Promote the Case for Basic Income by Standing, Guy
- Libertarianism and the Justice of a Basic Income by Vallentyne, Peter
Basic Income and the Canadian Welfare State: Exploring the Realms of Possibility
1University of Regina
Citation Information: Basic Income Studies. Volume 3, Issue 1, ISSN (Online) 1932-0183, DOI: 10.2202/1932-0183.1084, July 2008
- Published Online:
This article probes the current status of the welfare state in Canada, including its failure to ensure economic security for all. Historical and current proposals in Canada for guaranteed or basic income (BI) as an alternative model are outlined. These Canadian discussions are situated in relation to broader international debates on BI. Finally, some current political openings for advancing a guaranteed income framework for Canada are explored.
Here you can find all Crossref-listed publications in which this article is cited. If you would like to receive automatic email messages as soon as this article is cited in other publications, simply activate the “Citation Alert” on the top of this page.