Balkan Journal of Medical Genetics
The Journal of Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts
IMPACT FACTOR increased in 2014: 0.500
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2014: 0.171
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2014: 0.264
Impact per Publication (IPP) 2014: 0.432
- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
Balkan Journal of Medical Genetics is a journal in the English language for publication of articles involving all branches of medical genetics: human cytogenetics, molecular genetics, clinical genetics, immunogenetics, oncogenetics, pharmacogenetics, population genetics, genetic screening and diagnosis of monogenic and polygenic diseases, prenatal and preimplantation genetic diagnosis, genetic counselling, advances in treatment and prevention.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
- This journal publishes high quality original articles which have previously been reviewed by at least two reviewers.
- Fast and constructive peer review.
- Editing of all articles undependently whether they are writen by authors from English or non-English speaking regions.
CrossCheck Plagiarism Screening System
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of CrossCheck System’s users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. CrossCheck is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Detailed description of the CrossCheck System can be found at:
- DE GRUYTER OPEN
- Type of Publication:
Instructions for Authors
1. Aims and scope of the Journal
The Balkan Journal of Medical Genetics (BJMG) was founded in 1998, and encompasses all aspects of human genetics: cytogenetics, molecular genetics, clinical genetics, immunogenetics, oncogenetics, pharmacogenetics, population genetics, genetic screening and diagnosis of monogenic and polygenic diseases, prenatal and preimplantation genetic diagnosis, genetic counseling, advances in treatment and prevention.
The Journal is supported by an International Editorial Board.
The Journal welcomes the submission of manuscripts that meet the general criteria of significance and scientific excellence, and will publish original articles, case studies, reviews, surveys, opinions, commentaries and essays.
2. Identification Statement
The Journal is published on the web as articles become available. The Journal is published twice a year in June and November by the Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia.
3. Publication fees
- Page charges: 50 Euros/per page for the first six pages and 75 Euros/ per page for each page in excess of six
- Page with color figure(s): 100 Euros/ page
- Supplemental material fee: 50 Euros/unit
By signing the “License to publish” and “Publication cost approval” at the time of submission, the authors agree to bear responsibility for publication of page charges.
Print subscription price: 200 Euros for public institutions and 100 Euros for individuals.
Payments can be made by cheque and/or bank transfer to the following bank account:
National Bank of Republic of Macedonia
SWIFT BIK NBRM MK 2X
St. Kuzman Josifovski Pitu, 1, 1000 Skopje,
Republic of Macedonia
IBAN MK07 1007 0100 0002789
Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts; ICGIB, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
The transfer costs (taxes and commissions) are not included in the above mentioned price.
Please send by e-mail a copy of the bank certificate to confirm the payment.
5. Submission of manuscripts
Manuscripts written in English should be submitted by an e-mail as an attached file to the Editorial Office:
Dijana Plaseska-Karanfilska (Editor)
Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts,
Av. Krste Misirkov 2, POB 428
1000 Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
The text files should be prepared using MS Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) and should be clearly labeled with the first author’s name. Each manuscript must be accompanied by a statement that it has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. A “License to publish” and “Publication cost approval” (www.bjmg.edu.mk) must be signed and send together with submitted article. Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce copyrighted material from other sources and are required to sign an agreement for the transfer of copyright to the publisher. All accepted manuscripts, artwork, and photographs become the property of the publisher.
6. Manuscript Review
Manuscripts are evaluated by two or more expert reviewers. Authors are encouraged to suggest the names and contacts (including e-mail address) of prospective reviewers.
7. Preparation of manuscript
- All new manuscripts must be accompanied by a cover letter from the corresponding author stating that the manuscript represents original, unpublished material not under editorial consideration elsewhere, and that ethical guidelines were followed in the conduct of the research.
- All manuscripts must be written in English (the Vancouver style) and the text typed double spaced, with wide margins of at least 2.5 cm on all four sides. Uniform requirements for manuscripts may be found in the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) Recommendations (http://www.icmje.org/about-icmje/faqs/icmje-recommendations/).
- The title page should contain: title of article, abbreviated running title of no more than 30 characters, author(s) name, initial(s), department, institution, city and country, name and full postal address, telephone, fax and e-mail of the corresponding author.
- An abstract of no more than 250 words should start on page 2. A list of 3-6 key words or short phrases should be provided in alphabetic order below the abstract.
- The main text should be arranged in the following components: Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgments, references, Figures legends and Tables. Figures should be presented in separate file.
- Declaration of Interest: The authors report no conflicts of interest. The authors alone are responsible for the content and writing of this article. (This statement should follow Acknowledgments.)
- Cite each reference, figure and table in strict numerical order: [1-5]; (Table 1); (Figure 1).
- References (not exceeding 30-40 in number) should be numbered in the order in which they are first mentioned in the text. Please cite all authors if there are only six; cite the first six authors followed by et al. if there are more than six authors listed. Prepare the reference list in accordance with the American Medical Association (AMA) Manual of Style, 9th ed. Examples: The surnames of all authors followed by their initials should be given. Abbreviate journal names in accordance with the Index Medicus system (http://www.nlm.nih.gov /pubs/factsheets /constructitle.html).
Du Manoir S, Speicher M, Joos S, Schroc E, Popp S, Dohner H et al. Detection of complete and partial chromosome gain and losses by comparative genomic in situ hybridization. Hum Genet 1993; 90:590-610.
Huisman THJ, Carver MFH, Efremov GD. A Syllabus of Human Hemoglobin Variants. 2nd ed. Augusta, GA: The Sickle Cell Anemia Foundation, 1998 (http://globin.cse.psu.edu).
Gardner RJM, Sutherland GR. Chromosome Abnormalities and Genetic Counseling. 3rd Ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 2004.
- Contribution to a Book:
An International System for Human Cytogenetic Nomenclature (ISCN 2013). In: Schaffer LG, McGowan-Jordan, Schmid M, Eds. Basel: S. Karger, 2013
Strachan T, Read AP. Human Molecular Genetics. 2nd edition. New York: Wiley-Liss; 1999. Chapter 17, Genetic testing in individuals and populations. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm. nih.gov/books/NBK7586/
- Web page:
Capodano AM. Nervous system: meningioma. Atlas Genet Cytogenet Oncol Haematol. July 2000 (http://atlasgeneticsoncology.org/Tumors/MeningiomaID5014.html)
Tamura K, Stecher G, Peterson D, Filipski A, and Kumar S (2013) MEGA6: Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis Version 6.0. Molecular Biology and Evolution 30: 2725-2729
Place all the tables at the end of your file. Start each table on new page, complete with title and footnotes (if any). Number the tables (Arabic numerals) in the order in which they are cited in the text. Always separate the individual columns using tabulators, not using the space bar.
Figures should be prepared on separate pages. Number the figures in Arabic numerals in the order in which they are cited in the text.
8. Plagiarism detection
The Balkan Journal of Medical Genetics uses CrossCheck plagiarism software as part of the editorial process, in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. CrossCheck is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed at eliminating plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process. By submitting your manuscript to this journal you accept that your manuscript may be screened for plagiarism against previously published articles.
Balkan Journal of Medical Genetics is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - SciFinder
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier - BIOBASE/CABS (Current Awareness in Biological Sciences)
- Elsevier - EMBASE
- Elsevier - SCOPUS
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Meta (formerly Sciencescape)
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- SCImago (SJR)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- Thomson Reuters - Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Thomson Reuters - Science Citation Index Expanded
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Plaseska-Karanfilska D (Skopje), Toncheva DI (Sofia)
Efremov GD (Skopje)
Apak M (Istanbul)
Apak M (Istanbul)
Avent N (Plymouth)
Baranov V (St Petersburg)
Barisic I (Zagreb)
Basak N (Istanbul)
Czeizel A (Budapest)
Cooper D (Cardiff)
Dimovski JA (Skopje)
Dörk T (Hannover)
Efremov DG (Rome)
Fryns JP (Leuven)
Geraedts J (Maastricht)
Goossens M (Paris)
Kanavakis E (Athens)
Keohavong P (Pittsburg)
Kocova M (Skopje)
Kremenski I (Sofia)
Kucinskas V (Vilnius)
Khusnutdinova E (Ufa)
Labie D (Paris)
Liehr T (Jena)
Lungeanu A (Bucharest)
Nakamura Y (Tokyo)
Pavelic K (Zagreb)
Peterlin B (Ljubljana)
Stevanovic M (Belgrade)
Tomlinson I (London)
Vella F (Saskatoon)
Wajcman H (Paris)
Weatherall D (Oxford)
Wong S (Hong Kong)
Yapiyakis C (Athens)
Zoraqi G (Tirana)
Emilija Sukarova Stefanovska, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Carver M.F.H, Evans, GA, USA
Trencevska B, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts
Bul. Krste Misirkov 2, POB 428
1000 Skopje, Republic of Macedonia.
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15