Balkan Journal of Medical Genetics
The Journal of Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts
2 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR increased in 2014: 0.500
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2014: 0.171
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2014: 0.264
Impact per Publication (IPP) 2014: 0.432
- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
Balkan Journal of Medical Genetics is a journal in the English language for publication of articles involving all branches of medical genetics: human cytogenetics, molecular genetics, clinical genetics, immunogenetics, oncogenetics, pharmacogenetics, population genetics, genetic screening and diagnosis of monogenic and polygenic diseases, prenatal and preimplantation genetic diagnosis, genetic counselling, advances in treatment and prevention.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
- This journal publishes high quality original articles which have previously been reviewed by at least two reviewers.
- Fast and constructive peer review.
- Editing of all articles undependently whether they are writen by authors from English or non-English speaking regions.
CrossCheck Plagiarism Screening System
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of CrossCheck System’s users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. CrossCheck is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Detailed description of the CrossCheck System can be found at:
- DE GRUYTER OPEN
- Type of Publication:
Instructions for Authors
1. Aims and scope of the journal
Balkan Journal of Medical Genetics (BJMG) was founded in 1998, and encompasses all aspects of human genetics: cytogenetics, molecular genetics, clinical genetics, immunogenetics, oncogenetics, pharmacogenetics, population genetics, genetic screening and diagnosis of monogenic and polygenic diseases, prenatal and preimplantation genetic diagnosis, genetic counseling, advances in treatment and prevention.
The journal is supported by an international Editorial Board.
The BJMG welcomes the submission of manuscripts that meet the general criteria of significance and scientific excellence, and will publish original articles, case studies, reviews, surveys, opinions, commentaries and essays.
2. Identification Statement
BJMG is published on the web as articles become available. The journal is published twice a year in June and November by the Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts.
3. Publication fees
- Page charges: 50 Eur/per page for the first six pages and 75 Eur/ per page for each page in excess of six
- Color figure charges: 100 Eur/ Figure
- Supplemental Material fee: 50 Eur/unit
By signing the “Licence to publish” and “Publication cost approval” at the time of submission, the authors agree to bear responsibilety for publication of page charges.
Print subscription price: 200 Eur for public institutions and 100 Eur for individuals.
Payments can be made by cheque and bank transfer to the following bank account:
Bank Name and Address:
Deutsche Bundesbank Zentrale
Wilhelm Epstein strasse 14
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
SWIFT BIC: MARK DE FF
Bank details: National Bank of Republic of Macedonia
SWIFT BIK NBRM MK 2X
St. Kuzman Josifovski Pitu, 1, 1000 Skopje Macedonia
Final Benificary: IBAN MK07 1007 0100 0002789
Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts; ICGIB, Skopje
The transfer costs (taxes and commissions) are at the expense of the receiving bank and are included in the above mentioned price. Please send by e-mail a copy of the bank certificate to confirm the payment.
5. Submission of manuscripts:
Manuscripts written in English should be submitted online on www.bjmg.edu.mk or sent by e-mail as an attached file to the Editorial Office:
Dijana Plaseska-Karanfilska (Editor)
Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts,
Av. Krste Misirkov 2, POB 428
1000 Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
The text files should be prepared using MS Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) and should be clearly labeled with the first author’s name. Each manuscript must be accompanied by a statement that it has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. A “License to publish” (www.bjmg.edu.mk) and “Publication cost approval” must be signed and send together with submitted article. Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce copyrighted material from other sources and are required to sign an agreement for the transfer of copyright to the publisher. All accepted manuscripts, artwork, and photographs become the property of the publisher.
6. Manuscript Review
Manuscripts are evaluated by two or more expert reviewers. Authors are encouraged to suggest the names and contacts (including e-mail address) of prospective reviewers.
7. Preparation of manuscript
- All new manuscripts must be accompanied by a cover letter from the corresponding author stating that the manuscript represents original, unpublished material not under editorial consideration elsewhere, and that ethical guidelines were followed in the conduct of the research.
- All manuscripts must be written in English (the Vancouver style) and the text typed double spaced on one side of the paper only with wide margins of at least 2.5 cm on all four sides. Uniform requirements for manuscripts may be found in Br Med J 1991; 302:338-341, and N Engl J Med 1991; 324: 424-428.
- The title page should contain: title of article, abbreviated running title of no more than 30 characters, author's name, department, institution, city and country, name and full postal address, telephone, fax and e-mail of the corresponding author. All pages including the title page should be numbered.
- The abstract of no more than 250 words should start on page 2. A list of 3-6 key words or short phrases should be given in alphabetic order below the abstract.
- The main text should be arranged in the following components: introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, acknowledgments, references, figure legends and tables.
- Cite each reference, figure and table in numerical order - ex.[1-5]; (Table 1); (Fig.1).
- References (not exceeding 30-40 in number) should be numbered in order in which they are first mentioned in the text. In case of six or less authors the surnames of the all authors followed by initials should be given. In case of more than six authors the sixth author is followed by et al. Abbreviate journal names in accordance with the Index Medicus system (Br Med J 1988;296:401-405).
Example: Du Manoir S, Speicher M, Joos S, Schroc E, Popp S, Dohner H et al. Detection of complete and partial chromosome gain and losses by comparative genomic in situ hybridization. Hum Genet 1993; 90:590-610.
- Place all the tables at the end of your file. Start each table on new page, complete with title and footnotes (if any). Number the tables (Arabic numerals) in the order in which they are cited in the text. Always separate the individual columns using tabulators, not using the space bar.
- Figures should be prepared on separate pages. Number the figures in Arabic numerals in the order in which they are cited in the text.
8. Plagiarism detection
Balkan Journal of Medical Genetics uses CrossCheck plagiarism software as part of the editorial process, in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. CrossCheck is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process. By submitting your manuscript to this journal you accept that your manuscript may be screened for plagiarism against previously published works.
Balkan Journal of Medical Genetics is covered by the following services:
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - SciFinder
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO - TOC Premier
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier - BIOBASE/CABS (Current Awareness in Biological Sciences)
- Elsevier - EMBASE
- Elsevier - SCOPUS
- Google Scholar
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest - Biological Sciences Journals
- ProQuest - Family Health
- ProQuest - Health & Medical Complete
- ProQuest - Illustrata: Health Sciences
- ProQuest - Illustrata: Natural Sciences
- ProQuest - Natural Sciences Journals
- ProQuest - Nursing & Allied Health Source
- ProQuest - Pharma Collection
- ProQuest - SciTech Journals
- SCImago (SJR)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- Thomson Reuters - Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Thomson Reuters - Science Citation Index Expanded
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Plaseska-Karanfilska D (Skopje), Toncheva DI (Sofia)
Efremov GD (Skopje)
Apak M (Istanbul)
Apak M (Istanbul)
Avent N (Plymouth)
Baranov V (St Petersburg)
Barisic I (Zagreb)
Basak N (Istanbul)
Czeizel A (Budapest)
Cooper D (Cardiff)
Dimovski JA (Skopje)
Dörk T (Hannover)
Efremov DG (Rome)
Frins JP (Leuven)
Geraedts J (Maastricht) Goossens M (Paris)
Kanavakis E (Athens)
Keohavong P (Pittsburg)
Kocova M (Skopje)
Kremenski I (Sofia)
Kucinskas V (Vilnius)
Khusnutdinova E (Ufa)
Labie D (Paris)
Liehr T (Jena)
Lungeanu A (Bucharest)
Nakamura Y (Tokyo)
Pavelic K (Zagreb) Peterlin B (Ljubljana)
Pignatti PF (Verona)
Stevanovic M (Belgrade)
Tomlinson I (London)
Vella F (Saskatoon)
Wajcman H (Paris)
Weatherall D (Oxford)
Wong S (Hong Kong)
Yapiyakis C (Athens)
Zoraqi G (Tirana)
Emilija Sukarova Stefanovska, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Carver M.F.H, Lakenheath, Suffolk, England
Trencevska B, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts
Bul. Krste Misirkov 2, POB 428
1000 Skopje, Republic of Macedonia.