Editor-in-Chief: Dring, Matthew
Editorial Board Member: Enriquez Dominguez, Susana / Heimann, Kirsten / Pang, Ka-Lai / Pohnert, Georg / Poulin, Michel / Amsler, Charles D. / Beardall, John / Berges, John A. / Dawes, Clinton J. / Hoppenrath, Mona / Wynne, Michael J.
6 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR 2012: 0.910
5-year IMPACT FACTOR: 1.237
- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
- High quality manuscript processing through ScholarOne
Manuscripts®. Submit your research online at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/botmar
- Rapid publication times
- Free color figures both in print and online editions
- Open Access publication option available
Aims and Scope
The journal publishes contributions from all of the disciplines of marine botany at all levels of biological organisation from subcellular to ecosystem. Subject areas are: marine algal and marine angiosperm systematics, floristics, biogeography, biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, chemistry, industrial processes and utilisation; marine mycology and marine microbiology. Original knowledge is disseminated to provide synopses of global or interdisciplinary interest, and to stress aspects of utilisation. Applied science papers are especially welcome, when they illustrate the application of emerging conceptual issues or promote developing technologies. Checklists or equivalent manuscripts may be considered for publication only if they contribute new information on taxonomy (e.g., new combinations), ecology or biogeography of more than just local relevance. Checklists should be focused to highlight original information.
Botanica Marina publishes full-length contributions, short communications, reviews and book reviews in English only. The journal has a ‘‘Forum’’ section. Authors are invited to write letters to the editors expressing their opinions on hot/difficult scientific issues pertinent to the subject areas of marine botany. Ahead-of-print publishing ensures faster processing of fully proof-read, DOI-citable articles.
Botanica Marina is accredited with the International Association for Plant Taxonomy for the registration of new names of algae and fungi (including fossils).
- Type of Publication:
Researchers in all fields of marine phycology
Details on availability and prices of recent back volumes and issues will be provided on request from firstname.lastname@example.org. All volumes of the majority of our journals* with the noted exception of the current volume are being offered by
Schmidt Periodicals GmbH, Bad Feilnbach
Tel.: (+49) 80 64 – 221
Fax: (+49) 80 64 – 557
(* For periodicals not included in this agreement, please refer to the distribution address provided by the link "Back Issues" on the homepage of the periodical.)
Author wishes to include own article in an institutional repository or place own article on a departmental/personal website
The author's institute can offer access to the authors’ final, accepted manuscript version of an article from its repository website. Likewise, authors are allowed to post their final, accepted manuscript version on their own personal or laboratory website. In both cases an embargo period of 12 months after online publication in the journal applies. Unless expressly permitted, authors may not post the publisher's version on their own website. However, it is possible to place a link to the published article PDF for purchase.
This permission is restricted to non-commercial institutions only; for the conditions regarding article placement on corporate websites, please contact email@example.com.
Inclusion of articles in a general repository
General repositories may include the abstract of the article in the repository and place a link to the publisher's version of the article for purchase.
NIH-funded authors: WdG acknowledges that the author of an NIH-funded article retains the right to provide a copy of the final, accepted manuscript document to NIH for archiving in PubMed Central 12 months after online publication in the journal. Note that only the accepted author’s version of the manuscript, not the PDF file of the published article, may be used for NIH archiving.
Institutional repository wishes to include articles which do not exist in electronic format
WdG allows institutional repositories to include a scanned version of their authors' journal articles as published in printed form. We request a link be placed to the journal’s homepage (www.degruyter.com/journals/bm).
Author wishes to place a link to the abstract of an article
Authors may place as many links to the abstract as desired.
Author wishes to send electronic offprints (PDFs) to colleagues
Authors will receive an offprint of the publisher’s article version as PDF-document. Authors may send up to 30 copies of the PDF document as electronic offprint to colleagues. Any other form of distribution of the electronic offprint file requires written permission from the publisher.
Botanica Marina is covered by the following services:
- AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library)
- CABI - CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO - Academic Search
- EBSCO - Advanced Placement Source
- EBSCO - Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO - Food Science Source
- EBSCO - MegaFILE
- EBSCO - TOC Premier
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier - BIOBASE/CABS (Current Awareness in Biological Sciences)
- Elsevier - Fluidex
- Elsevier - Geobase
- Elsevier - SCOPUS
- Gale/Cengage - Academic One File
- Google Scholar
- Naviga (Softweco)
- NISC SA: Fish and Fisheries Worldwide
- NISC SA: Water Resources Worldwide
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest - Algology, Mycology, & Protozoology (Microbiology Abstracts C)
- ProQuest - ASFA 1: Biological Sciences and Living Resources
- ProQuest - ASFA 3: Aquatic Pollution and Environmental Quality
- ProQuest - ASFA Marine Biotechnology Abstracts
- ProQuest - ASFA: Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts
- ProQuest - Biological Sciences Journals
- ProQuest - Ecology Abstracts
- ProQuest - Illustrata: Natural Sciences
- ProQuest - Oceanic Abstracts
- ProQuest - Water resources
- SCImago (SJR)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- TEMA Technik und Management
- Thomson Reuters - Biological Abstracts
- Thomson Reuters - BIOSIS Previews
- Thomson Reuters - Current Contents/Agriculture, Biology, and Environmental Sciences
- Thomson Reuters - Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Thomson Reuters - Science Citation Index
- Thomson Reuters - Science Citation Index Expanded
- Thomson Reuters - Zoological Record
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Matthew J. Dring, Belfast/Portaferry, Northern Ireland
Susana Enríquez, Puerto Morelos/Cancún, Mexico
Kirsten Heimann, Townsville, Australia
Ka-Lai Pang, Keelung, Taiwan
Georg Pohnert, Jena, Germany
Michel Poulin, Ottawa, Canada
Charles D. Amsler, Birmingham, USA
John Beardall, Clayton, Australia
John A. Berges, Milwaukee, USA
Jinx Campbell, Ocean Springs, USA
Clinton Dawes, Tampa, USA
Mona Hoppenrath, Wilhelmshaven, Germany
Michael J. Wynne, Ann Arbor, USA
Dr. Gunda Stöber, Managing Editor
Walter de Gruyter GmbH & Co. KG
Genthiner Str. 13