Volume 6 (2014)
Volume 5 (2013)
Volume 4 (2012)
Volume 3 (2011)
Volume 2 (2010)
Most Downloaded Articles
- How Geopolitics Cleaved California's Republicans and United Its Democrats by Kousser, Thad
- Institutional Causes of California's Budget Problem by Cain, Bruce E. and Noll, Roger
- Why California’s ‘Three Strikes’ Fails as Crime and Economic Policy, and What to Do by Parker, Robert Nash
- Power to the People: Checking Special Interests in California by Gordon Fisher, Stacy B./ Nalder, Kimberly L. and Lesenyie, Matthew
- The Impact of Direct Democracy on Governance: A Replication and Extension by Lac, Ly T. and Lascher, Edward L.
California: A Failed State or Too Big to Fail?
1California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Citation Information: California Journal of Politics and Policy. Volume 3, Issue 2, ISSN (Online) 1944-4370, DOI: 10.2202/1944-4370.1136, April 2011
- Published Online:
This report will begin with a discussion of various reasons for the states crisis. This will be followed by a brief explanation of Californias budget process, a description of how that process played out this year, some proposed solutions to the states structural deficit, and the outlook for the short, intermediate, and long term.