Volume 5 (2013)
Volume 4 (2012)
Volume 3 (2011)
Volume 2 (2010)
Most Downloaded Articles
- The Limits of Citizen Support for Direct Democracy by Dyck, Joshua J. and Baldassare, Mark
- Redistricting California: An Evaluation of the Citizens Commission Final Plans by Kogan, Vladimir and McGhee, Eric
- Medicaid Expansion and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Lessons and Hopes for Implementation of Healthcare Reform by Kieber-Emmons, Autumn/ Bodenheimer, Thomas and Grumbach, Kevin
- California: A Failed State or Too Big to Fail? by Korey, John L
- Changing Tracks? The Prospect for California Pension Reform by Kogan, Vladimir and McCubbins, Mathew D
California: A Failed State or Too Big to Fail?
1California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Citation Information: California Journal of Politics and Policy. Volume 3, Issue 2, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1944-4370, DOI: 10.2202/1944-4370.1136, April 2011
- Published Online:
This report will begin with a discussion of various reasons for the states crisis. This will be followed by a brief explanation of Californias budget process, a description of how that process played out this year, some proposed solutions to the states structural deficit, and the outlook for the short, intermediate, and long term.