Volume 7 (2012)
Volume 5 (2010)
Volume 4 (2009)
Volume 1 (2006)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Search for Optimum Operating Conditions for a Water Purification Process Integrated to a Heat Transformer with Energy Recycling using Artificial Neural Network Inverse Solved by Genetic and Particle Swarm Algorithms by El Hamzaoui, Youness/ Ali, Bassam/ Hernandez, J. Alfredo/ Aburto, Obed Cortez and Oubram, Outmane
- Optimization of Pumping Schedules Using the Genealogical Decision Tree Approach by Ikonen, Enso/ Selek, István and Bene, József
- Modeling of Pyrolysis and Gasification of Biomass in Fluidized Beds: A Review by Basu, Prabir and Kaushal, Priyanka
- Effect of Operating Decisions on the Design and Energy Consumption of Inverted Batch Distillation Column by Masoud, Aboubaker Z and Mujtaba, Iqbal M
- Adsorption of Cadmium on Gel Combustion Derived Nano ZnO by V, Venkatesham/ G.M, Madhu/ S V, Satyanarayana and H S, Preetham
Thermodynamics and the Simulation Engineer
1Virtual Materials Group, Inc.
Citation Information: Chemical Product and Process Modeling. Volume 3, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1934-2659, DOI: 10.2202/1934-2659.1077, May 2008
- Published Online:
In this paper a brief, commented introduction to thermodynamics highlighting its connections with the simulation of chemical processes is presented. With these connections established I proceed to comment on current challenges faced by process and product modelers and conclude with a peek into the future of process and product design and the role of thermodynamics as the unifying discipline for engineers.