Volume 7 (2012)
Volume 5 (2010)
Volume 4 (2009)
Volume 1 (2006)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Generic Mathematical Model for PSA Process by Mhaskar, Pramathesh R./ Peter, Sunil A. and Moharir, Arun S.
- Optimization of Pumping Schedules Using the Genealogical Decision Tree Approach by Ikonen, Enso/ Selek, István and Bene, József
- Adsorption of Cadmium on Gel Combustion Derived Nano ZnO by V, Venkatesham/ G.M, Madhu/ S V, Satyanarayana and H S, Preetham
- Search for Optimum Operating Conditions for a Water Purification Process Integrated to a Heat Transformer with Energy Recycling using Artificial Neural Network Inverse Solved by Genetic and Particle Swarm Algorithms by El Hamzaoui, Youness/ Ali, Bassam/ Hernandez, J. Alfredo/ Aburto, Obed Cortez and Oubram, Outmane
- A Modified Kennard-Stone Algorithm for Optimal Division of Data for Developing Artificial Neural Network Models by Saptoro, Agus/ Tadé, Moses O. and Vuthaluru, Hari
Design of Dynamics of a Recuperative Catalytic Combustor: Enhancement in Operation and Control
1Wroclaw University of Technology
2Wroclaw University of Technology
Citation Information: Chemical Product and Process Modeling. Volume 4, Issue 2, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1934-2659, DOI: 10.2202/1934-2659.1297, May 2009
- Published Online:
The current contribution is aimed to describe and design the dynamics of the recuperative catalytic combustor. The step responses of the combustible concentration, fuel flow rate, fuel temperature and three manipulated variables are determined for the non-controlled combustor. The time delays, time constants and gains are determined for the temperatures measured in two points in the catalytic zone and its dependencies on the process and geometrical parameters are discussed. The frequency response analysis conducted shows that in the combustor with a higher time constant medium term input disturbances are effectively attenuated. In order to handle long term impulses of lean or rich fuels, the control strategy dedicated to the current combustor is proposed. It is verified in the example in which the frequently used control algorithm is applied to simulate the process control. The results show that the improvement is attained in combustor transient operation and control.