- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
Ecological Questions is published by Nicolaus Copernicus University Press. The full articles and short notes connected with current research and main ecological problems discussed at Nicolaus Copernicus University are presented in each issues. The journal is primarily an international medium for the publication of research into those changes in the biosphere caused by natural processes and man's activities. The problems include but are not limited to: philosophy and social ecology, vegetation science, relationships between vegetation and animals, changes and variation in ecological systems, thermodynamics in ecology, ecological economics, data processing, GIS and RS technology.The journal emphasizes natural forces and human contribution to local, regional and worldwide environmental changes and explores the diversity of human responses to impact of dynamics of biosphere.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
The journal Ecological Questions is worth subscribing and reading for the following reasons:
- it is a high level international medium,
- the articles published in this Journal deal with the most crucial problems of contemporary ecology, such as global changes, biodiversity and sustainable development,
- this Journal, more frequently than others, presents articles where ecological problems were solved with methods developed by philosophy and by applying the modern tools of GIS, RS and mathematical modelling,
- it deals with a wide range of ecosystems, starting from those occurring in subtropical areas of Africa and Southern America, throughout the temperate zone to polar regions.
The journal is delivered to a wide range of experts in order to trigger off the discussion, to obtain answers to questions as well as remarks related to raised issues and methods applied to solve the ecological problems. These remarks, opinions and evaluations enable to improve the journal from factual and publishing aspects.
- Type of Publication:
Instructions for Authors
Information to the authors
Manuscript shuould be typed double-spaced, leaving left margin 4cm on paper A4 format. The manuscript should be no longer than 25 typescript pages including tables, figures and references. It should be sent in duplicate including tables and figures. Electronic manuscript are preferred, IBM compatible, preferably MS Word for Windows (send diskette and one hardcopy).
The form of the manuscript should be following: the author's name, affiliation and mailing address, the title of paper, abstract, key words (up to 5), the basic text and references. Specific names should include the name of the author of particular taxon. Tables and figures shoul be prepared on separate sheets and in separate *.cdr, *.xls or *.doc files in electronic manuscript. Figures should be numbered and supplied with titles and legend written on separate sheets. Photographs should be contrast and composed on glossy paper.
Examples of the literature:
Barcikowski A., 1994, Teoria sukcesji roślinności jako teoria adaptacyjna [Theory of vegetation succesion as adaptation theory], Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Mikołaja Kopernika, Toruń: 98.
Bednarek R., Prusinkiewicz Z., 1980, Geografia gleb [The theory of soils], Państwowe Wydawnictwo Naukowe, Warszawa: 243.
Pawłowski B., Zarzycki K., 1977, Dynamika zbiorowisk roślinnych, [w:] Szata roślinna Polski, W. Szafer, K. Zarzycki (eds) [The dynamics of plant communities, [in:] Vegetation cover of Poland], Państwowe Wydawnictwo Naukowe, Warszawa: 481- 501.
Frey L., 1999b, Avenella - a genus of the Aveneae (Poaceae) worthy of recognition, Fragmenta Floristica et Geobotanica, Supplement 7, Kraków: 27-32
Hsiao C., Jacobs S. W. L., Chatterton N. J. & Assay K. H., 1999, A molecular phylogeny of the grass family (Poaceae) based on the sequences of ribosomal DNA (ITS), Australian Systematic Botany 11, Melbourne: 667-688.
Boinski M., 1988, Roślinność doliny rzeki Kulawej [Vegetation of river Kulawa valley], AUNC, Biologia 32, Nauki Mat. - Przyr. 69: 73-95.
For information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ecological Questions is covered by the following services:
- AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library)
- Bibliografia Geologiczna Polski
- CABI - CAB Abstracts
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastucture)
- De Gruyter - IBR (International Bibliography of Reviews of Scholarly Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- De Gruyter - IBZ (International Bibliography of Periodical Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier - Geobase
- Google Scholar
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest - Aqualine
- ProQuest - Aquatic Science & Fisheries Abstracts (ASFA)
- ProQuest - ASFA 1: Biological Sciences and Living Resources
- ProQuest - ASFA 2: Ocean Technology, Policy and Non-Living Resources
- ProQuest - ASFA 3: Aquatic Pollution and Environmental Quality
- ProQuest - ASFA Aquaculture Abstracts
- ProQuest - ASFA Marine Biotechnology Abstracts
- ProQuest - ASFA: Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts
- ProQuest - Biological Sciences Journals
- ProQuest - Ecology Abstracts
- ProQuest - Environmental Science and Pollution Management
- ProQuest - Oceanic Abstracts
- ProQuest - Sustainability Science Abstracts
- ProQuest - Sustainable Development
- ProQuest - Water resources
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- Thomson Reuters - BIOSIS Previews
- Thomson Reuters - Zoological Record
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Marian Rejewski, N.Copernicus University, Toruń, Poland
Marta Luścińska, N.Copernicus University, Toruń, Poland
Editorial Advisory Board
Henri Aalders, Delft, Netherlands,
Adam Barcikowski, Toruń, Poland,
Bjorn Berglund, Lund, Sweden,
Dietmar Brandes, Braunschweig, Germany,
Lubomira Burchardt, Poznań, Poland,
Mirosława Ceynowa-Gieldon, Toruń, Poland,
Enrico Feoli, Trieste, Italy,
Ludwik Frey, Krakow, Poland,
Wanda Gugnacka-Fiedor, Toruń, Poland,
Anthony Lehmann, Geneve, Switzerland,
Krzysztof Łastowski, Poznań, Poland,
Andrzej Nienartowicz, Toruń, Poland,
Lars Olson, Lund, Sweden,
Werner Ulrich, Toruń, Poland,
Nigel Webb, Dorchester, UK,
Tomasz Załuski, Toruń, Poland,
Kazimierz Zarzycki, Kraków, Poland,
Andrzej Zielski, Toruń, Poland,
Nicolaus Copernicus University
Institute of Ecology and Environmental Protection
Gagarina Str. 9, 87-100 Toruń, POLAND
Tel. +48(56) 611 44 53
Dr. Marta Luścińska