Most Downloaded Articles
- The Relevance of Concepts for the Transfer of Movables under the Uniform Commercial Code by Lilja, Martin
- Employing Argumentation Analysis in the Discussion of Optimal Rules for the Transfer of Movables – Part 1: Description of the Problem and General Outline by Faber, Wolfgang/ Lilja, Martin and Kreuzbauer, Günther
- Characteristics of the International Model of Land Title Registration Illuminated by Comparative Study of the German and Torrens Systems by Raff, Murray
- The use of the functional method in European Union property lawThe author is grateful for comments he received from Prof. dr. Jan M. Smits on this paper. Opinions expressed are, of course, the author’s only by Akkermans, Bram
- The puzzling concepts of publicity and possession: to the heart of property lawAn adapted version of this contribution has been published earlier in the Dutch journal Weekblad voor Privaatrecht, Notariaat en Registratie, 142(6874), p. 133–140 by Hamwijk, D.J.Y
Functional method of comparative law and argumentation analysis in the field of transfers of movables: Can they contribute to each other?
This contribution results from a research project on “Argumentation Analysis in the Field of Transfer of Movables”, financed by the Austrian Funds for Scientific Research (Fonds zur Förderung der wissenschaftlichen Forschung, FWF), project no. P21075. The paper builds on an intervention at a conference entitled ‘The Use of the Functional Method in European and Comparative Property Law’, held at the University of Maastricht in June 2011. Thanks go to project assistant Martine Costa, University of Salzburg, who provided material from Dutch, French, and Belgian law for the example discussed in Chapter II.B.3, and submitted helpful comments on draft versions.
1Dr. iur., Assistant Professor at the Department of Private Law, University of Salzburg
Citation Information: European Property Law Journal. Volume 2, Issue 1, Pages 22–53, ISSN (Online) 2190-8362, ISSN (Print) 2190-8273, DOI: 10.1515/eplj-2013-0003, April 2013
- Published Online: