The Journal of Technology Centre ASCR
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
The journal only accepts original, unpublished articles that pass the review process.
- swift and clear review and publishing procedure
- free of charge publication
- availability in print and electronic format
- DE GRUYTER OPEN
- English, Czech
- Type of Publication:
Submission of Manuscripts
Instructions for Authors
Ergo is a reviewed journal oriented at analyses and trends in research, technologies, and innovations. The journal only accepts original, unpublished articles that pass the review process.
Article acceptance and the review process
- Articles are accepted from their authors continuously, in electronic form, at the address listed in the imprint. Only articles that have not been published in any other periodical and are not at the same time offered to another periodical are accepted.
- Every received article is first considered by the editor-in-chief who decides whether to accept it for the review process. The editor-in-chief informs the author of the article whether the article was or was not accepted for the review process.
- A minimum of two reviewers assess every article during the review process.
- The review process is anonymous. If a reviewer wishes to remain anonymous even after the end of the review process, their identity will not be disclosed to anyone outside of the editorial board.
- Each reviewer gives their opinion as to whether to publish (without qualifications or with minor modifications), rework, or reject the article and provides reasons for their decision in a review assessment.
- The editorial board reads the review assessments and decides whether to publish, rework, or reject the article. The editor-in-chief informs the author of the article of the board's decision.
- If the article is reworked and the editor-in-chief has doubts about the quality of the reworking, they will discuss the new version of the article with the reviewer who recommended the reworking.
- The editors reserve the right to modify articles and all their parts according to editorial custom; performed modifications will be discussed with the author through an author's editing of the article.
Formal requisites for manuscripts
- Articles are accepted in Czech, Slovak, or English in a text format compatible with the MS Word text processor.
- Articles must have the standard structure of scientific articles, i.e. in addition to the text itself, they must contain an abstract (between 500 and 1000 characters), keywords, and a list of used literature. Brief information about the authors may also be included. The name of the article, abstract, and the keywords must be also supplied in English in addition to the original language.
- The recommended length of articles is 15 000 characters with 3 charts, pictures, or tables of standard size which corresponds to three print pages in the journal.
- Manuscripts should use simple formatting, ideally without graphical bullets and other special formatting.
- A single article should use no more than two levels of subheadings.
- All charts and tables are reset during typesetting. In addition to their requested form within the text, source data should be included in separate files (charts in MS Excel, tables in MS Word).
- The optimum resolution for photos and images for printing is 300 dpi, i.e. a regular photo of the width of one typeset column should have approximately 1 200×900 pixels (higher resolution is fine, lower is not).
- Links to used literature should comply with ČSN ISO 690 (see specific examples in the journal).
- Footnotes (if required - for example, to explain secondary details that would distract from the discussed topic in the text) are usually placed at the end of the text for graphical reasons and should be placed there in the manuscript as well; footnotes are numbered from the beginning of the document and indicated by superscript.
Please submit your manuscripts to ERGO via email to:
Mgr. Martin Faťun,
Abstracting & Indexing
ERGO is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- TEMA Technik und Management
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Ergo - Analyses and trends in research, technologies, and innovations
ISSN 1802-2006 - print version
ISSN 1802-2170 - electronic version
Registration number of the Ministry of Culture E 16622
Published at least twice a year.
The journal is published with the support of the 'large infrastructure for R&D&I' project, LM2010010 CZERA.
Ing. Michal Pazour, Ph.D. (chairman)
Ing. Karel Aim, CSc.
Mgr. Vladislav Čadil, Ph.D.
Mgr. Martin Faťun
Ing. Miroslav Janeček, CSc.
Ing. Karel Klusáček, CSc., MBA
Ing. Zdeněk Kučera, CSc.
prof. Ing. Vladimír Mařík, DrSc.
Ing. Ivan Pilný
prof. Ing. Jaromír J. Ulbrecht, CSc.
doc. Ing. Jiří Vacek, Ph.D.
MgA. Martin Procházka
Publishing, reprinting, or distributing the content or its parts is only permitted with proper attribution. Authors are responsible for the originality of their contributions.
DE GRUYTER OPEN
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15