Volume 9 (2012)
Volume 7 (2010)
Volume 6 (2009)
Volume 5 (2008)
Volume 4 (2007)
Volume 3 (2006)
Volume 2 (2005)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Occupy Wall Street and the Political Economy of Inequality by Dube, Arindrajit and Kaplan, Ethan
- The Cost of Job Loss in the Great Recession: How Bad Has it Been? by Farber, Henry S.
- Stimulating the Economy in an Era of Debt and Deficit by Stiglitz, Joseph E.
- The Gender Pay Gap by Blau, Francine D and Kahn, Lawrence M
- Investment Banking Regulation After Bear Stearns by Jaffee, Dwight M. and Perlow, Mark
Deflation: Are We Still Sure "It" Cannot Happen Here?
1University of Economics in Prague and the Stockholm School of Economics in Riga
Citation Information: The Economists' Voice. Volume 5, Issue 7, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1553-3832, DOI: 10.2202/1553-3832.1436, November 2008
- Published Online:
In 2002, the possibility of deflation in the United States looked "remote indeed" to newly appointed Fed Governor Ben Bernanke. In light of recent events, Edwin Dolan wonders if we can still be so sure.