Volume 10 (2013)
Volume 9 (2012)
Volume 7 (2010)
Volume 6 (2009)
Volume 5 (2008)
Volume 4 (2007)
Volume 3 (2006)
Volume 2 (2005)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Occupy Wall Street and the Political Economy of Inequality by Dube, Arindrajit and Kaplan, Ethan
- Occupy Economics by Beggs, Mike
- Stimulating the Economy in an Era of Debt and Deficit by Stiglitz, Joseph E.
- The Cost of Job Loss in the Great Recession: How Bad Has it Been? by Farber, Henry S.
- GDP Fetishism by Stiglitz, Joseph E.
How to Measure the Effectiveness of U.S. Merger Policy
Citation Information: The Economists' Voice. Volume 6, Issue 7, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1553-3832, DOI: 10.2202/1553-3832.1578, July 2009
- Published Online:
Despite the frequent disputes about whether antitrust policy toward mergers is either too lax or too stringent and despite the importance of mergers to the U.S. economy, U.S. policymakers lack any systematic quantitative study of the effectiveness of U.S. merger policy. Dennis Carlton proposes a way out.