Volume 9 (2012)
Volume 7 (2010)
Volume 6 (2009)
Volume 5 (2008)
Volume 4 (2007)
Volume 3 (2006)
Volume 2 (2005)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Occupy Wall Street and the Political Economy of Inequality by Dube, Arindrajit and Kaplan, Ethan
- The Cost of Job Loss in the Great Recession: How Bad Has it Been? by Farber, Henry S.
- Stimulating the Economy in an Era of Debt and Deficit by Stiglitz, Joseph E.
- The Gender Pay Gap by Blau, Francine D and Kahn, Lawrence M
- Investment Banking Regulation After Bear Stearns by Jaffee, Dwight M. and Perlow, Mark
Trills Instead of T-Bills: It's Time to Replace Part of Government Debt with Shares in GDP
Citation Information: The Economists' Voice. Volume 7, Issue 3, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1553-3832, DOI: 10.2202/1553-3832.1782, September 2010
- Published Online:
At a time of public concern about rising national debt, we should consider adapting simple lessons from corporate finance to government finance. Mark J. Kamstra of York University and Robert J. Shiller of Yale University conclude that government financing tools should include a form of equity: shares in GDP.