Volume 9 (2012)
Volume 7 (2010)
Volume 6 (2009)
Volume 5 (2008)
Volume 4 (2007)
Volume 3 (2006)
Volume 2 (2005)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Occupy Wall Street and the Political Economy of Inequality by Dube, Arindrajit and Kaplan, Ethan
- The Cost of Job Loss in the Great Recession: How Bad Has it Been? by Farber, Henry S.
- Stimulating the Economy in an Era of Debt and Deficit by Stiglitz, Joseph E.
- The Gender Pay Gap by Blau, Francine D and Kahn, Lawrence M
- Investment Banking Regulation After Bear Stearns by Jaffee, Dwight M. and Perlow, Mark
Debt and Democracy
Citation Information: The Economists' Voice. Volume 9, Issue 2, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1553-3832, DOI: 10.1515/1553-3832.1895, March 2012
- Published Online:
Tim Kane says that the patient suffers from economic symptoms but that the biological origins of the economic health problems are genetically based in the DNA of the U.S. Constitution. He suggests that fiscal policy be treated like monetary policy with a Super Committee like the Federal Reserve which is removed from short term electoral influences.