A Journal of Applied Research in Contemporary Politics
Ed. by Shafer, Byron / Disalvo, Daniel
4 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR increased in 2014: 0.377
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2014: 0.268
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2014: 0.241
Impact per Publication (IPP) 2014: 0.198
Volume 12 (2014)
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Even the Geeks are Polarized: The Dispute over the ‘Real Driver’ in American Elections by Goldstein, Ken/ Dallek, Matthew and Rivlin, Joel
- If I Could Hold a Seminar for Political Journalists… by Fiorina, Morris P.
- Richer Parties, Better Politics? Party-Centered Campaign Finance Laws and American Democracy by La Raja, Raymond J.
- Delegation, Control, and the Study of Public Bureaucracy by Moe, Terry M.
- The Catholics and the Others: The Denominational Backdrop to Modern American Politics by Shafer, Byron E. and Spady, Richard H.
Bush and the Plight of the Presidency
Citation Information: The Forum. Volume 4, Issue 1, ISSN (Online) 1540-8884, DOI: 10.2202/1540-8884.1110, May 2006
- Published Online:
The current problems facing President Bush are not solely of his own making. Over the past several decades, the office of the presidency has lost much of the stature and respect it once commanded, due to the actions of the men who have occupied it, more critical and even contemptuous coverage by the news media, and modern politicians obsession with public opinion polls. These developments do not bode well for the long-term health of the American republic.