Volume 13 (2015)
Volume 12 (2014)
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Even the Geeks are Polarized: The Dispute over the ‘Real Driver’ in American Elections by Goldstein, Ken/ Dallek, Matthew and Rivlin, Joel
- Richer Parties, Better Politics? Party-Centered Campaign Finance Laws and American Democracy by La Raja, Raymond J.
- Delegation, Control, and the Study of Public Bureaucracy by Moe, Terry M.
- If I Could Hold a Seminar for Political Journalists… by Fiorina, Morris P.
- State Resistance to "ObamaCare" by Rigby, Elizabeth
Super PACs and the 2012 Elections
2New College of Florida
Citation Information: The Forum. Volume 10, Issue 4, Pages 105–118, ISSN (Online) 1540-8884, ISSN (Print) 2194-6183, DOI: 10.1515/forum-2013-0006, February 2013
- Published Online:
This article examines a number of potential concerns about unlimited donations to, and independent expenditures by, Super PACs. More specifically, how have Super PACs and other independent organizations acted in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision in Citizens United? What effects did they have during the 2012 electoral season? What implications might their activities have for the conduct of American democracy going forward?