Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Obstructing Agenda-Setting: Examining Blue Slip Behavior in the Senate by Black, Ryan C./ Madonna, Anthony J. and Owens, Ryan J.
- What the Filibuster Tells Us About the Senate by Schickler, Eric and Wawro, Gregory J.
- Problem Solving in a Polarized Age: Comparative Effectiveness Research and the Politicization of Evidence-Based Medicine by Gerber, Alan S. and Patashnik, Eric M
- Public Opinion on Health Care Reform by Gelman, Andrew/ Lee, Daniel and Ghitza, Yair
- Richer Parties, Better Politics? Party-Centered Campaign Finance Laws and American Democracy by La Raja, Raymond J.
Super PACs and the 2012 Elections
2New College of Florida
Citation Information: The Forum. Volume 10, Issue 4, Pages 105–118, ISSN (Online) 1540-8884, ISSN (Print) 2194-6183, DOI: 10.1515/forum-2013-0006, February 2013
- Published Online:
This article examines a number of potential concerns about unlimited donations to, and independent expenditures by, Super PACs. More specifically, how have Super PACs and other independent organizations acted in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision in Citizens United? What effects did they have during the 2012 electoral season? What implications might their activities have for the conduct of American democracy going forward?