A Journal of Applied Research in Contemporary Politics
Ed. by Shafer, Byron / Disalvo, Daniel
4 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR increased in 2014: 0.377
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR) 2014: 0.268
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP) 2014: 0.241
Impact per Publication (IPP) 2014: 0.198
Volume 12 (2014)
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Even the Geeks are Polarized: The Dispute over the ‘Real Driver’ in American Elections by Goldstein, Ken/ Dallek, Matthew and Rivlin, Joel
- Richer Parties, Better Politics? Party-Centered Campaign Finance Laws and American Democracy by La Raja, Raymond J.
- If I Could Hold a Seminar for Political Journalists… by Fiorina, Morris P.
- Delegation, Control, and the Study of Public Bureaucracy by Moe, Terry M.
- The Catholics and the Others: The Denominational Backdrop to Modern American Politics by Shafer, Byron E. and Spady, Richard H.
Super PACs and the 2012 Elections
2New College of Florida
Citation Information: The Forum. Volume 10, Issue 4, Pages 105–118, ISSN (Online) 1540-8884, ISSN (Print) 2194-6183, DOI: 10.1515/forum-2013-0006, February 2013
- Published Online:
This article examines a number of potential concerns about unlimited donations to, and independent expenditures by, Super PACs. More specifically, how have Super PACs and other independent organizations acted in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision in Citizens United? What effects did they have during the 2012 electoral season? What implications might their activities have for the conduct of American democracy going forward?