Groups Complexity Cryptology
Managing Editor: Rosenberger, Gerhard / Shpilrain, Vladimir
Editorial Board Member: Blackburn, Simon R. / Conder, Marston / Dehornoy, Patrick / Eick, Bettina / Fine, Benjamin / Gilman, Robert / Grigoriev, Dima / Ko, Ki Hyoung / Kreuzer, Martin / May, Alexander / Mikhalev, Alexander V. / Myasnikov, Alexei / Roman'kov, Vitalii / Sapir, Mark / Seress, Akos / Thomas, Rick / Tsaban, Boaz / Capell, Enric Ventura / Weil, Pascal
2 Issues per year
Mathematical Citation Quotient 2012: 0.25
Most Downloaded Articles
- Actions of the Braid Group, and New Algebraic Proofs of Results of Dehornoy and Larue by Bacardit, Lluís and Dicks, Warren
- The Zieschang–McCool method for generating algebraic mapping-class groups by Bacardit, Lluís and Dicks, Warren
- Strong law of large numbers on graphs and groups by Mosina, Natalia and Ushakov, Alexander
- Isomorphism in expanding families of indistinguishable groups by Lewis, Mark L. and Wilson, James B.
- Cyclic rewriting and conjugacy problems by Diekert, Volker/ Duncan, Andrew and Myasnikov, Alexei G.
A Practical Attack on a Certain Braid Group Based Shifted Conjugacy Authentication Protocol
1Department of Mathematics, Newcastle University, Newcastle, UK. (email)
2Department of Mathematics, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ, USA. (email)
Citation Information: Groups – Complexity – Cryptology. Volume 1, Issue 2, Pages 275–286, ISSN (Online) 1869-6104, ISSN (Print) 1867-1144, DOI: 10.1515/GCC.2009.275, March 2010
- Published Online:
In this paper we modify the technique of cyclic permutations to work with the shifted conjugacy problem. We apply this technique to design a heuristic attack on the cryptographic authentication scheme based on shifted conjugacy of braids proposed by Dehornoy in [Using shifted conjugacy in braid-based cryptography, American Mathematical Society, 2006] and report experimental results.