Volume 9 (2009)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Definition of "Investment": Could a Persistent Objector to the Salini Tests be Found in ICSID Arbitral Practice? by Martin, Antoine
- Comparative Personal Property: The Case of Shares by Pretto, Arianna
- Female Circumcision as Female Genital Mutilation: Human Rights or Cultural Imperialism? by Oba, Abdulmumini A
- The E-Commerce Directive and Formation of Contract in a Comparative Perspective by Ramberg, Christina Hultmark
- The International Legal Personality of Multinational Enterprises: Treaty, Custom and the Governance Gap by Hansen, Robin F.
Basic Issues of Private Law Codification in Europe: Trust
1Hastings College of the Law; Univ. of Turin, Italy
Citation Information: Global Jurist Frontiers. Volume 1, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1535-1653, DOI: 10.2202/1535-1653.1006, February 2001
- Published Online:
In this paper I approach trust law from the perspective of the European legal system considering whether or not to codify this area of the law. My hope is that this practical focus can bring some better understanding of the nature of trust law. I try moreover to move a step forward in tackling some of the basic questions that should be on the agenda of European private law today.