Volume 9 (2009)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Definition of "Investment": Could a Persistent Objector to the Salini Tests be Found in ICSID Arbitral Practice? by Martin, Antoine
- Comparative Personal Property: The Case of Shares by Pretto, Arianna
- Female Circumcision as Female Genital Mutilation: Human Rights or Cultural Imperialism? by Oba, Abdulmumini A
- The International Legal Personality of Multinational Enterprises: Treaty, Custom and the Governance Gap by Hansen, Robin F.
- The E-Commerce Directive and Formation of Contract in a Comparative Perspective by Ramberg, Christina Hultmark
The E-Commerce Directive and Formation of Contract in a Comparative Perspective
1Göteborg University, Sweden, email@example.com
Citation Information: Global Jurist Advances. Volume 1, Issue 2, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1535-1661, DOI: 10.2202/1535-1661.1023, May 2001
- Published Online:
This paper will point to some of the problems in implementing the E-Commerce Directive in national contract law, with a particular focus on Articles 9-11 related to formation of contracts by electronic means. Throughout the paper I will make comparisons with the US Uniform Electronic Transaction Act (UETA), The Principles of European Contract Law (PECL) and the UNCITRAL Model Law on Electronic Commerce.