High Temperature Materials and Processes
Editor-in-Chief: Fukuyama, Hiroyuki
Editorial Board Member: Waseda, Yoshio / Fecht, Hans-Jörg / Reddy, Ramana G. / Manna, Indranil / Nakajima, Hideo / Nakamura, Takashi / Okabe, Toru / Ostrovski, Oleg / Pericleous, Koulis / Seetharaman, Seshadri / Straumal, Boris / Suzuki, Shigeru / Tanaka, Toshihiro / Terzieff, Peter / Uda, Satoshi / Urban, Knut / Baron, Michel / Besterci, Michael / Byakova, Alexandra V. / Gao, Wei / Glaeser, Andreas / Gzesik, Z. / Hosson, Jeff / Masanori, Iwase / Jacob, Kallarackel Thomas / Kipouros, Georges / Kuznezov, Fedor
6 Issues per year
IMPACT FACTOR increased in 2013: 0.356
SCImago Journal Rank (SJR): 0.202
Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP): 0.323
- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
Aims and Scope
High Temperature Materials and Processes offers an international publication forum for new ideas, insights and results related to high-temperature materials and processes in science and technology. The journal publishes original research papers and short communications addressing topics at the forefront of high-temperature materials research including processing of various materials at high temperatures. Occasionally, reviews of a specific topic are included. The journal also publishes special issues featuring ongoing research programs as well as symposia of high-temperature materials and processes, and other related research activities.
The scope of the journal includes the following:
- High-temperature applications and behavior of metals and alloys, intermetallic compounds, oxide ceramics, and non-oxide ceramics such as nitrides, carbides, borides, and graphite
- Polymers, glasses and glassy metals, composite materials
- Oxidation and environmental attack, High-temperature corrosion
- Design with high-temperature materials
- Processes for achieving high temperature
- Processing of materials involving lasers, plasma, and arc sources
- Materials and processes involved in using solar energy
- Materials in nuclear energy applications
- Thermochemistry, Kinetics of reactions
- Liquid metal processing, Rapid solidification processes
Emphasis is placed on the multi-disciplinary nature of high-temperature materials and processes for various materials in a variety of states. Such a nature of the journal will help readers who wish to become acquainted with related subjects by obtaining information of various aspects of high-temperature materials research. The increasing spread of information on these subjects will also help to shed light on relevant topics of high-temperature materials and processes outside of readers’ own core specialties.
Previously published by Freund Publishing House Ltd.
- Type of Publication:
Instructions for Authors
Submitting an article
...is done via our online submission and peer review system: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/htmp.
Type of Contributions
Research Papers should be submitted as comprehensive accounts of original unpublished research.
Short Communications on research or development should be limited to no more than 2,000 words.
Reviews may be invited by the Editor or by any member of the Editorial Board. Before submitting a review authors are requested to send a short outline to the Editor.
Contributions submitted to this journal must be written in clear and concise English. Only unpublished material can be accepted, and authors may not republish their paper in the same or similar form. The decision on the acceptance is taken after a peer-reviewing procedure. The journal makes no page charges. Publication of color figures is provided free of charge both in online and print editions.
1. Article structure
- Title page
- 1. Introduction, 2. Experimental, 3. Results, 4. Discussion, 5. Conclusions, Acknowledgements, References, Tables and Figure Captions
- Subsections should be numbered 1.1, 1.2, etc.
2. Essential title page information
- Author names and affiliations
- Corresponding author: Clearly indicate the corresponding author. The e-mail address should be provided.
- Abstract (less than 150 words)
- Keywords (less than 6 keywords)
- Short title (at most 80 characters, spaces inclusive) together with a full title on your manuscript. The short title is used for the headline at top of each page.
- PACS number: Classification according to PACS 2010 (Physics and Astronomy Classification Scheme): http://www.aip.org/pacs/pacs2010/individuals/pacs2010_regular_edition/
3. Use SI units. For example: temperature in K (°C is acceptable), chemical concentration in mass % (not wt. %). Units for time (h and min) are acceptable.
(If necessary, indicate both units (SI and CGS) at first use. For example: (773 K = 500°C), (30 cm3/min = 30 x 10-6 m3/min).)
4. Reference Style
Indicates references by using numbers in square brackets within the text: , [2, 3], [4-8]. In the Reference List, number the references (using square brackets) in the order in which they appear in the text. Journal names should be abbreviated according to the CAplus Core Journal Coverage List: http://www.cas.org/content/references/corejournals.
 N.A. Barcza, T.R. Curr and R.T. Jones, Pure Appl. Chem., 62 (1990) 1761-1772.
Book and Proceedings:
 M. Stratmann, Chapter 4 in Characterization of Corrosion Products edited by A. H. Cornell and S. Gracedel, Springer, Heidelberg, (2003), pp. 586-699.
 U. M. Taylor and T. Licheri, Surface Analysis of Oxides, Marcel Dekker Inc., New York, (2003).
 R.T. Jones, Proceedings of the VII International Conference on Molten Slags, Fluxes and Salts, SAIMM, January 26-28, 2004, Cape Town, Institute of Materials, London, (2005), pp. 363-376.
5. Figures must be of sufficiently high resolution (minimum 600 dpi). Authors are encouraged to submit illustrations in color if necessary for their scientific content. Publication of color figures is provided free of charge both in online and print editions.
6. For authors working with LaTeX files, please see http://www.degruyter.com/staticfiles/pdfs/DeGruyter_LaTeX_template_package.zip, which includes a template for author use and instructions for working with the files.
...will be sent to all authors in due time with a request to carefully check them.
...each author will receive a PDF file of the final version for private use only.
High Temperature Materials and Processes is covered by the following services:
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - SciFinder
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- EBSCO - TOC Premier
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Elsevier - Compendex
- Elsevier - Engineering Village
- Elsevier - SCOPUS
- Google Scholar
- Index Copernicus
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Polymer Library
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest - Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- ProQuest - Aerospace Database
- ProQuest - Aluminium Industry Abstracts
- ProQuest - ANTE: Abstracts in New Technologies and Engineering
- ProQuest - Ceramic Abstracts/World Ceramics Abstracts
- ProQuest - Civil Engineering Abstracts
- ProQuest - Computer and Information Systems Abstracts
- ProQuest - Copper Technical Reference Library
- ProQuest - Corrosion Abstracts
- ProQuest - Earthquake Engineering Abstracts
- ProQuest - Electronics and Communications Abstracts
- ProQuest - Engineered Materials Abstracts
- ProQuest - Engineering Research Database
- ProQuest - Materials Business File
- ProQuest - Materials Research Database
- ProQuest - Mechanical & Transportation Engineering Abstracts
- ProQuest - METADEX (Metals Abstracts)
- ProQuest - Solid State and Superconductivity Abstracts
- ProQuest - Technology Research Database
- SCImago (SJR)
- Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- TEMA Technik und Management
- Thomson Reuters - Current Contents/Engineering, Computing, and Technology
- Thomson Reuters - Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Thomson Reuters - Science Citation Index Expanded
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Prof. H. Fukuyama
Institute of Multidisciplinary Research for Advanced Materials
Prof. Y. Waseda
Institute of Multidisciplinary Research for Advanced Materials
Associate Editor for Europe
Prof. H.-J Fecht
Institute of Micro and Nanomaterials
Ulm University, Germany
Associate Editor for America
Prof. R. Reddy
Dept. of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
University of Alabama, USA
International Editorial Board
Ecole des Mines d'Albi
Slovak Academy of Science
Alexandra V. Byakova
National Academy of Science of Ukraine
The University of Auckland
Auckland, New Zealand
University of California
AGH University of Science and Technology
Jeff De Hosson
University of Groningen
Groningen, The Netherlands
Indian Institute of Science
Russian Academy of Science
Indian Institute of Technology
The University of Tokyo
The University of New South Wales
University of Greenwich
Royal Institute of Technology
Russian Academy of Science
University of Vienna
Forschungsentrum Juelich GmbH