- Submission of Manuscripts
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Editorial Information
- More ...
- Comments (0)
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
“Papers on Global Change IGBP” is an international journal publishing original research articlesdealing with all aspects of Global Change. It is the official journal of the Polish National Committee, International Geosphere and Biosphere Programme within ICSU.
- source of high quality research, open to authors from all over the world
- peer-reviewed by international and national experts
- addresses a wide range of issues on geography, ecology, geophysics, economy, biology, climatology, and geology, glaciology, environmental protection and human sciences
- high level of editorial quality
- free of charge access
- fast review and editing process
- peer-reviewed by international experts
- constructive and helpful editorial guidance
- language revision,
- high level of editorial quality and color printing
- editorial help and education to young contributors
- 10% - 20%
- Type of Publication:
Instructions for Authors
The Papers of Global Change IGBP publishes annually and is devoted to the publication of research results in related to all areas of Global Climate Change. The journal is peer-reviewed. The language of the journal is English, verified by native speaker.
Manuscripts preferred for publication in Papers of Global Change IGBP are those which:
- contain original work - which is not published elsewhere in any medium by the authors or anyone else, and is not under consideration for publication in any other medium. This restriction does not apply to review articles
- are focused on the core aims and scope of the journal - Papers of Global Change IGBP is a scientific journal publishing fundamental research results in all areas of climate change (geophysics, physical geography ecology, climatology, economy, human sciences etc.);
- are clearly and correctly written - should contain all essential features of a complete scientific paper, should be written in a clear, easy to understand manner, and be readable for a wide audience of scientists;
- are written in English - should be clearly and grammatically written, in an easily readable style. Attention to detail of the language will avoid severe misunderstandings which might lead to rejection of the paper (Please note that authors who are not native-speakers of English can be provided with help in rewriting their contribution in correct English)
- are delivered in electronic format
Manuscripts should be emailed directly to the Editor of Papers of Global Change IGBP (Prof. Małgorzata Gutry-Korycka, e-mail: email@example.com)
The covering letter should contain all important details about the submission such as:
- your full name (submitted by),
- the full title of your article,
- the short title,
- full list of authors,
- status of article: new, reviewed or accepted (with reference ID if reviewed or accepted),
- mail address and contact address,
- telephone/fax numbers,
- number of attached files,
- details of any previous or concurrent submission,
- area you would like to submit your manuscript in,
- recommendations of reviewers for Editor
Papers of Global Change IGBP publishes:
- research articles,
- communications- short reports on new and exciting results of high urgency,
- review papers - topical mini(reviews) as well as full critical reviews on important subjects reflecting new trends are also included in this section
- science book reviews.
- chronicle related with international /national conference connected with global climate change and theirs consequences.
Peer Review Process
All manuscripts are sent to the appropriate reviewers by Managing Editor. However a submission may be declined by the Editor in Chief without review, if deemed inappropriate for reasons other than scientific merit.
a) choice of reviewers
The Managing Editor of Papers of Global Change IGBP seek advice from experts of in the appropriate field. Research articles and reviews papers are reviewed by one reviewer.
b) suggestions from authors
Authors are requested to suggest persons competent to review their manuscript. However please note that this will be treated only as a suggestion, and the final selection of reviewers is exclusively the Editor in Chief's decision.
The Editor in Chief is fully responsible for decisions about manuscripts. The final decision whether to accept or reject a paper rests with him. The Managing Editor communicates the final decision, and informs the authors about further processing.
Revised manuscript submission
When revision of a manuscript is requested, authors should return the revised version of their manuscript as soon as possible. Prompt action may ensure fast publication if a paper is finally accepted for publication in Papers of Global Change IGBP. If it is the first revision of an article authors need to return their revised manuscript within 60 days. If it is the second revision authors need to return their revised manuscript within 14 days. If these deadlines are not met, and no specific arrangements for completion have been made with the Managing Editor, the manuscript will be treated as a new one with a new registration date
Authors will receive a pdf file with the edited version of their manuscript for final proofreading. This is the last opportunity to view an article before its publication on the journal web site. No changes or modifications can be introduced once it is published. Thus authors are requested to check their proof pages carefully against manuscript within 3 working days and prepare a separate document containing all changes that should be introduced. Authors are sometimes asked to provide additional comments and explanations in response to remarks and queries from the language or technical editors.
Early Bird Service
Manuscripts accepted for publication are published on-line in so called Early Bird service as soon as they are ready for publication (that is when final proofreading is performed by authors, and all concerns are resolved). Once a manuscript appears on the Web site it is considered as published.
After publication, the corresponding author is notified by email, and receives a pdf file with the published version of the manuscript.
At the end of the year the paper version of Papers of Global Change IGBP is printed. Every Author receives his own copy of the journal by regular mail.
If any errors are detected in the published material they should be reported to the Managing Editor. The corresponding authors should send appropriate corrected material to the Managing Editor via email. This material will be considered for publication in the earliest available issue of Papers of Global Change IGBP.
Astrophysics Data System
MAŁGORZATA GUTRY-KORYCKA, Warsaw University, Poland
Deputy/ Managing Editor
LESZEK STARKEL – Institute of Geography and Spatial Organization PAS, Warsaw, Poland
Editorial Advisory Board
LARS BÄRRING, Geobiosphere Science Centre, Lund University, Sweden
MARTIN BENISTON, University of Fribourg, Switzerland
MARCO BINDI, University of Florence, Italy
CHRISTOS GIANNAKOPOULOS, Institute of Environmental Research and Sustainable Development, Greece
REINHARD F. HÜTTL, Brandenburg Technical University, Cottus, Germany
ZBIGNIEW W. KUNDZEWICZ, Institute for the Agricultural and Forest Environment, Polish Academy of Science, Poznań, Poland
GASTONE DEMARÉE, Institut Rogal Meteorologique de Belgique
JOÃO CORTE REAL, University of Evora, Portugal
LESZEK STARKEL, Polish Academy of Science, Kraków, Poland
HANS von STORCH, Meteorological Institute, University of Hamburg, Germany
Prof. Małgorzata Gutry-Korycka,
Hydrology Department and Regional Studies,
University of Warsaw,
Krakowskie Przedmieście 30,
00-927 Warsaw, Poland,
tel (48-22)5520665, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
JAMES RICHARDS – National School of Public Administration Warsaw Poland
GRAŻYNA SELIGA, Institute of Geography And Spatial Organization , Polish Academy of Science, Warsaw, Poland,
AGATA MARKOWSKA, Director of Polish Academy of Sciences, The Warsaw Printers Science, Poland