Volume 7 (2011)
Volume 5 (2009)
Volume 4 (2008)
Volume 3 (2007)
Volume 2 (2006)
Volume 1 (2005)
Most Downloaded Articles
- An Introduction to Causal Inference by Pearl, Judea
- Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies with Unmeasured Confounders by McCandless, Lawrence C.
- Accuracy of Conventional and Marginal Structural Cox Model Estimators: A Simulation Study by Xiao, Yongling/ Abrahamowicz, Michal and Moodie, Erica E. M.
- Evaluating treatment effectiveness in patient subgroups: a comparison of propensity score methods with an automated matching approach by Radice, Rosalba/ Ramsahai, Roland/ Grieve, Richard/ Kreif, Noemi/ Sadique, Zia and Sekhon, Jasjeet S.
- Special Issue on Causal Inference in Health Research by Moodie, Erica E. M./ Kaufman, Jay S. and Platt, Robert W.
Comparing Distribution Functions via Empirical Likelihood
1Georgia State University
Citation Information: The International Journal of Biostatistics. Volume 1, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1557-4679, DOI: 10.2202/1557-4679.1007, January 2006
- Published Online:
This paper develops empirical likelihood based simultaneous confidence bands for differences and ratios of two distribution functions from independent samples of right-censored survival data. The proposed confidence bands provide a flexible way of comparing treatments in biomedical settings, and bring empirical likelihood methods to bear on important target functions for which only Wald-type confidence bands have been available in the literature. The approach is illustrated with a real data example.