Volume 7 (2011)
Volume 5 (2009)
Volume 4 (2008)
Volume 3 (2007)
Volume 2 (2006)
Volume 1 (2005)
Most Downloaded Articles
- An Introduction to Causal Inference by Pearl, Judea
- Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies with Unmeasured Confounders by McCandless, Lawrence C.
- Accuracy of Conventional and Marginal Structural Cox Model Estimators: A Simulation Study by Xiao, Yongling/ Abrahamowicz, Michal and Moodie, Erica E. M.
- Evaluating treatment effectiveness in patient subgroups: a comparison of propensity score methods with an automated matching approach by Radice, Rosalba/ Ramsahai, Roland/ Grieve, Richard/ Kreif, Noemi/ Sadique, Zia and Sekhon, Jasjeet S.
- Special Issue on Causal Inference in Health Research by Moodie, Erica E. M./ Kaufman, Jay S. and Platt, Robert W.
Comment: Improved Local Efficiency and Double Robustness
Citation Information: The International Journal of Biostatistics. Volume 4, Issue 1, Pages 1–9, ISSN (Online) 1557-4679, DOI: 10.2202/1557-4679.1109, June 2008
- Published Online:
For missing data and causal inference problems, Rubin and van der Laan (2008) proposed estimators to achieve so-called improved local efficiency. We show that their estimators agree with existing estimators in the case of linear models, point out that one particular version of their estimators is also doubly robust, and suggest an extension for where the propensity score is estimated.