New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Industrial Applications of Reactive Distillation: Recent Trends
1Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, firstname.lastname@example.org
2Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, email@example.com
3Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, firstname.lastname@example.org
4Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, email@example.com
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 2, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.1109, January 2004
- Published Online:
Last few years have seen a dramatic rise in the number of applications of reactive distillation (RD). This useful technology is now being applied for any scale of operation- from manufacture of fine chemicals to that of bulk chemicals. This article reviews the very recent applications and serves as a supplement for the exhaustive review on this subject by Sharma and Mahajani (2003). It not only furnishes the information on the ongoing research in the existing applications but also elaborates the newly discovered applications such as manufacture of phenol, linear alkyl benzene, carbonates, chlorosilane derivatives and chiral chemicals. Multiple reactions in RD, failure of RD in some cases and new RD configurations to increase the overall yields are some of the additional aspects being covered.