New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis of the Local Heat Transfer Rate in Three-Phase Reactors
1The University of Tokyo, firstname.lastname@example.org
2The University of Tokyo, email@example.com
3Kureha Chemical Industries, firstname.lastname@example.org
4Kureha Chemical Industry, email@example.com
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 2, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.1113, February 2004
- Published Online:
In this present work, nonlinear dynamic analysis was performed to the fluctuation signals of the local heat transfer rate measured in three-phase reactors of different scales to characterize the dynamics of three-phase reactors. The results of nonlinear test with surrogate data give evidence of nonlinear determinism in heat transfer rates series. The chaotic nature of the local heat transfer rate was further characterized in terms of the correlation dimension and Kolmogorov entropy. It was found that the correlation dimensions were in the range between 2.0 and 4.0 and Kolmogorov entropies were varied with the change of measurement positions and the operating conditions. With the increase of column scale or the addition of solids, Kolmogorov entropies decrease significantly. The dependence of chaotic parameters on the column scale is considered to be closely related to the different macroscopic flow structures observed in three-phase reactors of different scales.