New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Optimal Operation of Semi-Batch Processes with a Single Reaction
1Florida State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
2Intel Corp., email@example.com
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 3, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.1219, August 2005
- Published Online:
In a large number of industrial semi-batch reactor applications, a single reaction takes place in the reactor and the operational objective is to compute the optimal feed rate of reactants and the optimal batch temperature that optimizes an objective function at the end of a fixed batch time. In this work, it is shown that the optimal operating policy can be split into several time intervals. Analytical expressions for the optimal input are developed for each interval. Parametric uncertainty is handled by implementing this strategy in closed-loop. This methodology is illustrated via simulation of two semi-batch reactor applications.