New Journal at De Gruyter!
Ed. by de Lasa, Hugo / Xu, Charles
1 Issue per year
Increased IMPACT FACTOR 2011: 0.790
Volume 11 (2013)
Volume 10 (2012)
Volume 9 (2011)
Volume 8 (2010)
Volume 7 (2009)
Volume 6 (2008)
Volume 5 (2007)
Volume 4 (2006)
Volume 3 (2005)
Volume 2 (2004)
Volume 1 (2002)
Most Downloaded Articles
- Micro- and Macromechanics of Hopper Discharge of Ultrafine Cohesive Powder by Tomas, Jürgen and Kache, Guido
- Effect of Chitosan Addition on NiMo/Al2O3 Catalysts for Dibenzothiophene Hydrodesulfurization by Ríos-Caloch, Guillermina/ Santes, Víctor/ Escobar, José/ Valle-Orta, Maiby/ Barrera, María C. and Hernández-Barrera, Melissa
- Fischer Tropsch Synthesis: The Promoter Effects, Operating Conditions, and Reactor Synthesis by Sarkari, Majid/ Fazlollahi, Farhad and Atashi, Hossein
- A Trickle Fixed-Bed Recycle Reactor Model for the Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis by Brunner, Kyle M./ Duncan, Joshua C./ Harrison, Luke D./ Pratt, Kyle E./ Peguin, Robson P. S./ Bartholomew, Calvin H. and Hecker, William C.
- A Comprehensive Review of Just Suspended Speed in Liquid-Solid and Gas-Liquid-Solid Stirred Tank Reactors by Jafari, Rouzbeh/ Chaouki, Jamal and Tanguy, Philippe A.
Nonlinear State Estimation and Generic Model Control of a Continuous Stirred Tank Reactor
1Indian Institute of Technology - Kharagpur, firstname.lastname@example.org
Citation Information: International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering. Volume 5, Issue 1, Pages –, ISSN (Online) 1542-6580, DOI: 10.2202/1542-6580.1345, September 2007
- Published Online:
The goal of this paper is to develop a nonlinear observer-based control strategy for a jacketed continuous stirred tank reactor (CSTR). The nonlinear adaptive state estimator/observer (ASE/ASO) is designed based on a model structure that mainly consists of an energy balance equation. In this observation approach, reactor concentration is considered as an imprecisely known extra state (augmented state) with no dynamics. Despite significant process/model discrepancy, the proposed state observer estimated adequately the states of the simulated reactor. Mainly due to the design simplicity, negligible computational effort and fast convergence, the observer is recommended for online implementation. The generic model controller (GMC) has also been synthesized for the example reactor. The nonlinear GMC scheme receives the required information about the reactor concentration from the ASE for calculating the controller responses. Simulation experiments have been carried out to investigate the superior performance provided by the proposed GMC-ASE algorithm compared to the conventional proportional integral (PI) controller.